Go to page:

2024 Official DUP NaPoWriMo Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 16241

Mrd said:Having read the NaPo 2024 rules & guidelines, I'm in! My location is Muncie, Indiana, located in time zone Eastern (EDT)

Welcome Mrd aka No 31!

That's right Poets! 31 Registrants representing 9 countries! Will you hop on board?! Brave your senses? Challenge your poetic prowess? You CAN do it!

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Our next TeamNaPo'24 feature is Wafflenose, a teacher and mum hailing from England! Waffle's biggest interests in life are music and words. She has an endless need to create and finds writing and composing/playing to be good ways of relaxing and expressing herself.

She has been a member of DUP for three years, and this will be her second year serving on TeamNapo, and first year as a Captain of the Number & Title Clerks!

Thank you, Waffles, for your service to DUP and TeamNaPo! We appreciate you! xo

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Team'24: New announcement in Shoptalk!

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Born to navigate!

mel44
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 11awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 329

Ahavati said:

Welcome Mrd aka No 31!

That's right Poets! 31 Registrants representing 9 countries! Will you hop on board?! Brave your senses? Challenge your poetic prowess? You CAN do it!

WOW!  That is amazing. A huge, warm welcome to all participants We are all in this together and what a fantastic turn out! Just 16 days to go. Get your registration in. Best of luck in the competition to all.

mel44
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 11awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 329

Speaks volumes!

Inside_Roare
Ivo
Twisted Dreamer
Czech Republic 1awards
Joined 8th Sep 2023
Forum Posts: 16

:-*

Inside_Roare
Ivo
Twisted Dreamer
Czech Republic 1awards
Joined 8th Sep 2023
Forum Posts: 16

I would like to send texts in Czech, but it probably won't work here. :D

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Inside_Roare said:I would like to send texts in Czech, but it probably won't work here. :D

We prefer language we can understand, Inside_Roare!

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Team'24! New Update in Shoptalk! T-minus 15 days to challenge launch!

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

In her poem, jigsaw, Waffle yearns to know what lies ahead, having tasted a glimpse of what's to come. In contrast, she accepts those avenues which have been denied while apprehensively trusting those being provided, choosing to walk in faith requiring sight unknown.

This poem is one that we can all relate to. Well done, Waffle!

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 20awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1210

Thank you!

When I wrote that, I was devastated after coming second in a stringent round of interviews for my dream job. I was an internal candidate, and a strong one at that. Afterwards, I had to leave - not just because of the disappointment, but also due to years of feeling under-valued, being on a permanent zero-hours contract, being bored and treated badly. I'm now in a minimum wage, full time job (topped up with some self-employment) and am fulfilled and happy there. I wouldn't have chosen this path, but here we are!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1817

Wafflenose said:Thank you!

When I wrote that, I was devastated after coming second in a stringent round of interviews for my dream job. I was an internal candidate, and a strong one at that. Afterwards, I had to leave - not just because of the disappointment, but also due to years of feeling under-valued, being on a permanent zero-hours contract, being bored and treated badly. I'm now in a minimum wage, full time job (topped up with some self-employment) and am fulfilled and happy there. I wouldn't have chosen this path, but here we are!

It's the unexpected 'surprises' that (I think) speak of the universe being in interactive discourse with us, even if we don't consciously understand the language. Sometimes the 'aha' moment comes years later.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 20awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1210

Yes! I think I was kind of writing about that.

I never planned to end up where I am now. For the first time ever, there is no plan. I don't know if I'll stay for a year, or until I retire. One thing is certain - I can't imagine not knowing all the amazing people (staff and children) that I've got to know so well over the past <6 months.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Wafflenose said:Thank you!

The Universe has a way of kicking us out of our complacency and toxic environments, doesn't it? Sometimes what we perceive as obstacles turn out to be blessings in disguise. xo

Go to page:
Go to: