Go to page:

In the News

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 120awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 16031

This is good news. I was so LIVID over this bullshit that I discussed it with my grandson and we decided to terminate our Disney+ membership on the grounds of insensitivity and blatant bullshit. Everyone I know that had it cancelled their membership and stated why.

It made a difference, but it still doesn't change the bullshit wording they put into membership agreements. You think you're getting a damn television channel and what you're really getting is a legal agreement never to sue for any reason, including the death of a loved one if you visit their theme parks.

Disney drops bid to have allergy-death lawsuit tossed because plaintiff signed up for Disney+

https://apnews.com/article/disney-allergy-death-lawsuit-b66cd07c6be2497bf5f6bce2d1f2e8d1

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 120awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

https://www.the-independent.com/tech/robot-mushroom-biohybrid-robotics-cornell-b2606970.html

The fuck?!

If this isn't Pluto in Aquarius ( futuristic ) and Sedna in Gemini ( the rise of AI ) nothing is!

Rew
Fire of Insight
England 15awards
Joined 30th Sep 2022
Forum Posts: 535

" mushroom learns to crawl "  is misleading

Especially " learn " the mushroom is just
responding to external stimuli exactly as
it does in its " real life " just as flowers lean
towards a light source especially the sun.

But that ain't newsworthy " mushrooms learns "
to crawl away from a heat source. Now, that's news.

Jeez it just jumped right outta the frying pan...

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 120awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Rew said:" mushroom learns to crawl "  is misleading

Especially " learn " the mushroom is just
responding to external stimuli exactly as
it does in its " real life " just as flowers lean
towards a light source especially the sun.

But that ain't newsworthy " mushrooms learns "
to crawl away from a heat source. Now, that's news.

Jeez it just jumped right outta the frying pan...

I am prone to agree regarding the title ( that's media sensationalism for ya ), but disagree it ain't newsworthy ( unless you're just referring to the misleading title ). I think there's a lot of potential here.

“The potential for future robots could be to sense soil chemistry in row crops and decide when to add more fertiliser, for example, perhaps mitigating downstream effects of agriculture like harmful algal blooms.”

Details of the biohybrid robot were published in the journal Science Robotics, in a study titled ‘Sensorimotor control of robots mediated by electro-physiological measurements of fungal mycelia’.

Go to page:
Go to: