Page:

Frequently Asked Questions

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 90awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5678

Hi all,

we've been getting an influx of questions in the "help" section, for a while now,  that are mostly duplicates of other questions already answered, so I thought I'd toss a bunch of them in here, in case anyone is having the same issues or queries.  Post in the thread if you think of one that I may have missed, but for starters, here we go:

1.  HOW DO I DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT?
use this link to deactivate or completely delete your account:  https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/deactivate/

2.  HOW DO I CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION?
cancelling supporter donations/payments must be done at the place you set them up at--PayPal, Venmo, etc.  It's like sending a payment to any other online place where you make a purchase at

3.  HOW DO I BECOME A SUPPORTER MEMBER?
use this link to subscribe:   https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/supporter-membership/

4.  HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD?
at your menu, go to "My Home" and under your avatar picture there is a prompt to change your password

5. HOW DO I BLOCK ANOTHER MEMBER?
go to their profile and there is an icon to click on that has a circle with a line through it--this is the block function

6.  I CAN'T LOG IN and/or CAN'T CHANGE MY PASSWORD
well, we need a little more info to answer this one--are you getting an error message, is a prompt not working, what are you seeing on your end?

7.  HOW DO I DOWNLOAD ALL MY POEMS?
You can't.  The DUP website has no function to be able to do this, so you will have to copy/paste them individually to a different place, like a word document or some file that you can save on your personal computer, or print of onto paper, or to a different place online.

8.  THEMES AREN'T WORKING
This seems to be something new lately, so we'll have to check with the Webmiss if there was a change made or maybe there's a glitch, but when you're ready to choose themes on your writing, use the prompt that says "help me find themes" and you'll get a couple of drop-down menus where you can populate what you're looking for and it will bring up a number of choices that you can click on from there.  This will work to get your themes into the theme box.

9. I CHANGED MY EMAIL BUT MY ACCOUNT IS UNDER MY OLD EMAIL AND I CAN'T LOG IN
You will need to send an email to webmaster@deepundergroundpoetry.com  give  the original email address on your account and note the new email and your username in the message.

10.  I FORGOT MY  PASSWORD
Use this link :    https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/reminder/

11. HOW DO I CHANGE MY USERNAME?
You can't.  Once it's been chosen when you create an account, there's no way to change it.  You would have to close the account and create a new one with the username you prefer to have.  Choose carefully, spell carefully....

12.  POEMS HERE ARE BEING PLAGIARIZED TO ANOTHER WEBSITE
Unfortunately, we can't do anything about what's posted on another site, so you would have to contact the admin at the other webpage for assistance.

13.  I GOT A HARASSING PM/POST ON MY POEM, ETC.
Hit the "report" button--we can't do anything about it, unless you tell us.  If there's no report option, use the help/ask a question function, and write in what's going on--give details, add a link if you can, so we can address it.

Rew
Fire of Insight
England 15awards
Joined 30th Sep 2022
Forum Posts: 535

Thank you kindly ML for the email regarding the " themes "
not working as they used to. I thought it best I mention it
just in case something needs seeing to.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 90awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5678

Rew said:Thank you kindly ML for the email regarding the " themes "
not working as they used to. I thought it best I mention it
just in case something needs seeing to.

Yeah, not sure what's up with that-- waiting for the Webmiss to stop by & have a look

MaryKeifer
Strange Creature
Joined 9th Sep 2024
Forum Posts: 1

Thanks for the info, I am new here.

Page:
Go to: