Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

[ NaPo 2021 ] NaPoWriMo 2021: The Lord of the Poems

JohnnyBlaze
Go To Page  

HOSTS : Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze

TEAM NAPO : DaisyGrace , Josh , SummerRain75 , wallyroo92 , PoetsRevenge , SatinUGal , Eerie , cabcool , LunaGreyhawk , Mel44

Welcome to our most SPECTACULAR Glo/NaPoWriMo to date as the Fellowship of the Poem bravely quests to save Muddle Earth from written and uttered ruination! Those who finish this challenge will receive honorable mentions on Facebook and Instagram along with a TROPHEEE! custom designed by the Webmiss!  

This challenge will begin in the "Competition Forum" on April 1st. In order to participate, you must register FIRSTLY by reading the Rules & Guidelines and SECONDLY by posting the following here in this thread:

Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is ________ located in Time Zone ________.

Location must be your City & State ( or City & Country if not the U.S. ) Substitute a nearby City if you don't want to reveal your true location.

Ask for clarification if you don't understand a rule BEFORE committing to the challenge. You have until Midnight of March 30th in your time zone to commit.

THE RULES!

An accumulation of 3 Strikes will result in your Disqualification. You will receive 1 Strike for failing to correct certain Rule Violations in an entry within 24 hours of its posting. We will not warn you to correct anything. You are monitoring yourself. Pay attention to our Daily updates to know If you have any Strikes or were Disqualified.

Our advice? Partner up with others who can check your entries for Guideline violations and immediately notify you of such. Anyhoo, If you follow these rules, you won't earn a single Strike.

Only one poem per day can only be posted from 12:01 AM and 11:59 PM in your time zone starting April 1st --- before or after will earn you 1 Strike. You will create 30 posts numbered #1 through #30 regardless of when and if any late postings occur.

Your entries must have its number on top corresponding to the date of its posting, then a title in bold text, and lastly the body of your poem. Example:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/474411/gotopost/

After 24 hours of posting, if there is:
No number ( or the incorrect number ) = 1 Strike
No title in bold text ( or no title ) = 1 Strike
Number, title, & poem out of order = 1 Strike
Notes other than the "unique word count" ( which is optional ) posted after the poem = 1 Strike

Theoretically, you could earn more than 3 Strikes from one poorly executed Entry and be Disqualified.

Entries can not be edited after 24 hours of posting. Forum Time Stamps tell us if and when you have edited. An edit occuring after 24 hours results in a Disqualification.

This > $$$ < means you will be Disqualified for not correcting within 24 hours.

$$$ Entries Must Be Pasted Into The Forum Direct Linking is prohibited.

$$$ Poetry, Not Prose Entries must be in the format of lines and stanzas, not sentences and paragraphs. How "poetic" your entry is IS A NON-ISSUE.

$$$ No Erotica Allowed Simply do not attempt to post erotica and you will be safe! Do not use language prompting the reader to imagine a sexual encounter. Do not make references or allusions to human body parts with intent to sexually arouse the reader.

$$$ Entries Must Be In English

$$$ No Images or Videos can accompany your entries.

Double Posting When Late We encourage you to complete poems ahead of schedule in the event you are prevented from writing and posting by an unexpected event such as a personal crisis, power or Internet failure, or other act of God.

Follow this protocol upon your return: post a maximum of 2 poems per date until you are caught up. At the very top of each late post, attach a brief explanation stating why you are posting late whatever reason it may be. Example:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/9560/840/#392950

$$$ if your late post(s) do not include an excuse.

50 Unique Word Rule The body of each poem must contain 50 or more  "unique" words. You can repeat any word as many times as you wish, but it only counts as 1 unique word. You are allowed to make up your own words. Titles and quotes of other writers are not included in your unique word count. If you provide the number of unique words in your entry, please type it AFTER the poem is finished.

What counts as 1 unique word : Contractions | Ampersands | One letter words such as "a" or "I" | Numbers such as "4" | Hyphenated words such as "sugar-free" | Elvish words such as "mellon"  

If you don't have a minimum 50 unique words after 24 hours of posting, this will result in 1 Strike.

One Violation of this particular rule will result in you not receiving the Trophy.

Errors & Inconsistencies ( Typos, Grammar, Punctuation, etc ) This is not a competition to see who can write a technically accurate poem. You may submit more polished versions of your entries to your personal DUP portfolios or other comps at any time.

Multiple Accounts If you are actively posting at DUP with multiple accounts not publicly disclosed in ALL of your profiles + forum signatures per site guidelines, you will be notified AFTER the competition that you were Disqualified. We do not reward individuals who secretly use additional memberships at DUP to exploit others.

Using Previously Written Ideas For Poems You may convert any written idea into a poem for entry if you wrote it down digitally or old school in a notebook and did not perform any further work on it. In essence, you may use any poem you "started" and it is only during April 1st - 30th that you may "finish" said poems.

If you paused during the "note-making" - i.e were interrupted or answered Nature's call - the note remains valid.

If you returned to the "note-making" after performing a chore or relaxing, then the note is no longer valid. You cannot consult the written version and must start writing it again from scratch during April.

Off Topic & Drama Posts will be removed from the Registration / Discussion thread. Only poem entries are to be posted to the NaPo challenge thread and NaPo Prompt Comp thread.

Acceptable Entries & Writing Prompts We provide prompts available in the NaPo Prompt Comp competition likewise beginning on April 1st.

Otherwise, you do have complete freedom to write about anything you want! You will not be disqualified based on content or quality - with the exceptions of Erotica, which is not allowed, and Plagiarism; if we discover that you are swapping words in pre-existing poems or copying partial to entire poems, you will be notified AFTER the competition that you were Disqualified.

PLEASE use common sense. Your poetry, unpolished or otherwise, is a reflection of the overall talent being fostered by DUP. We would hate to see outside readers, potential members, or even publishers turned away by material meant to garner attention purely from shock value. Don't be a shock jock.

Final Award Check After the FINAL entry is submitted on April 30th, Ahavati and I will double check entries to ensure viability. It only takes 1 ineligible entry to negate your acquisition of the trophy, so be certain your work adheres to the Rules!

A special THANK YOU! to all braving this challenge! Particularly to our Team members for donating their valuable time to assist us in making this the most SPECTACULAR NaPo ever!

Sincerely Good Writing To All,

Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

My location is Onalaska, WIsconsin located in Time Zone CST.

^ how to officially join AFTER you've read all of the Rules & Guidelines

Team NaPo will be ready to answer any questions you may have about the challenge over the next 30 days!

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15550

My location is Cherokee, NC located in Time Zone EST.

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 19awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 912

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 891

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15550

As you can see, we have a phenomenal team who stands ready to answer any questions!

poet Anonymous

My location is Edinburgh, Scotland(UK) located in Time Zone GMT

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:As you can see, we have a phenomenal team who stands ready to answer any questions!

Except for me . . . I'm still searching the armory for my leather football helmet!

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 25awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 940

marina2020
Rain Woman
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 8th Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 85

My location is Bristol RI, located in Time Zone  EST.

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018

AspergerPoet56 said:Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!

Welcome aboard, AspergerPoet56!  

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018

marina2020 said:Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!

Welcome to NaPo2021, marina2020!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 18awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1391

My location is Lexington, Kentucky located in Time Zone EST.

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 18awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017

AspergerPoet56 said:Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is Edinburgh, Scotland(UK) located in Time Zone GMT

Welcome! Welcome!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 18awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017

marina2020 said:Having read the NaPo 2021 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is Bristol RI, located in Time Zone  EST.

Good to have you on board! Welcome!

Go to page:
Go to: