Page:

What's wrong with DUP?

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1540

For the past month DUP has been going down a lot. I have seen this before and it worries me. It happens almost every time I try to post a new poem or send a PM, so much so that I am in the habit now of copy and paste g everything before I press submit or send. It is mind blowing when I lose a poem after spending time creating it.
Please don't respond with, write your poems in another app before you post. Please respond with why this keeps happening.

In the past 12 years when I have seen this happen, it ends up leading to longer shut downs, sometimes for many days.
Is it a server problem?
I don't know who the webhost is but I wonder if they are having their own issues. Back in the early 2000s many websites went bankrupt and disappeared. I was lucky because I had saved all my poems on my hard drive, but I know some poets only have them saved here.
So saving them elsewhere is helpful. But doesn't solve the problem on the site.
What is causing these outages?
JJ

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
34awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2326

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
34awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011

All of that is not surprising, as some a.m.s have resorted to posting as anonymous.
I would like to be warned if the site is going to be down long term, or worse, permanently.
JJ

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
34awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
34awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011

That's off topic, I do what I do and have done for 12 years.
I am looking for an answer as to what is causing the issue to find out what can be done to fix the issue.

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 1874

This makes me think, my Sir Gallant Poet, however, as of lately, I have been saving my poems, the rough drafts as well. In addition, since I blog some of my politic topics, or some of my Straight Talk Live journals, on other sites of interest, it is a must to have some form of backup plan if God forbid any site where our cherished words to read, were to suddenly crash without warning and your creativity cannot be salvaged in return.

We are in the age of AI and keep in mind that means our words can be altered from its originality, changed, or simply copied, whereas, we no longer have that creativity license to say it is our works of art.

I would strongly suggest for any new poet/poetess to always save their craft on a memory stick.

Happy November to you and may your day be filled with endless possibilities.

SKC

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011

I recall talking with you a month ago just after it started happening and it has only gotten worse.
It is just frustrating to spend all the time writing a new poem and then poof, it vanishes before your eyes. Sometimes if you hit the back button, your phone or computer will have kept it in the memory, o you can then save it quickly or at least take a screen shot and transcribe it later. But yes, absolutely save your poetry somewhere!
JJ

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 1874

Poetryman said:I recall talking with you a month ago just after it started happening and it has only gotten worse.
It is just frustrating to spend all the time writing a new poem and then poof, it vanishes before your eyes. Sometimes if you hit the back button, your phone or computer will have kept it in the memory, o you can then save it quickly or at least take a screen shot and transcribe it later. But yes, absolutely save your poetry somewhere!
JJ

Yes, I have experienced my own mishaps in that capacity along the way, Just keep in mind, what does not kill you only makes you stronger and in the end, prior to me posting my passion anywhere, I save my topics on a memory stick and disc, henceforth, it aids to my cause, when at times I will post on my Blog Site, but nothing in the world of technology is ever considered a sure bet when it reflects our craft, and thank you for this Forum as a wakeup call in a world where anything can happen, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
34awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Poetryman said:That's off topic, I do what I do and have done for 12 years.
I am looking for an answer as to what is causing the issue to find out what can be done to fix the issue.

Apologies --
i guess i misunderstood Your original Q    

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14555

way I see it is this

Site is a platform for people of all ages, backgrounds, creeds and colours. it's constantly evolving, ebbing and flowing.

there's no need to bring anything to the table except yourself. your true self.  your own natural energy. that's to say shouldn't be a case of having to try

It's very much alive and growing. there are and has always been some very beautiful and interesting personalities from all over the world interacting with each other

unfortunately there are and have always been those personalities who venture way past the fairly liberal guidelines.

I think, the site is what you make it. it forms what you make of it. if you like interesting conversation join in or start some in the platforms available.

if you want to try some wordplay games n such head to Grace's wordplay group, she'll be happy to play with you (hullo Grace)

The speak easy form will accommodate a large spectrum of speakings,

There are groups dedicated to art, sound and spoken word.

in the context of you specifically, if people haven't forgiven your past it's not them that's the problem.

"Comming back with a new energy" doesn't really mean shit. people remember who you are and dont trust you. simple as that. it's not them, it's you

probably best off just keeping your head down and getting on with it

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14555

Poetryman said:

"That's off topic, I do what I do and have done for 12 years.
I am looking for an answer as to what is causing the issue to find out what can be done to fix the issue."

Host is aware of the issue and is looking into the cause and of course the cure. Its only happening to a very small proportion of members which makes it more difficult to figure out. but, keep he faith, there's no danger of the site crashing

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2081

Poetryman said:For the past month DUP has been going down a lot.
JJ

Fuck me, for a moment I thought we were talking about Bieber… my algorithms have been Diddied.

Page:
Go to: