WINNER
Jestalessa
View Profile Poems by Jestalessa
trophy
WINNER
Magdalena (Spartalena)
View Profile Poems by Magdalena

Go to page:

I Like To Record Poetry - Can I Read Yours?

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

Poetry Contest

Find A Poem You Love ( from a DU Member) - Recite And Record That Thing!

Now this is the story

I was recently invited to a discussion with The Poet Cast project, and well I highjacked the unsuspecting victims. I painted the studio shades of green,
grabbed a jack hammer made a hole in the wall for a model worm and said...
"catch me if can!"

haha! they thought it was a South African bloke, I brought the expertise of a country with me!

So my first order of business is to find a people in the world to have a cuppa with.

Yeah there's a trophy on this comp, but the real prize is, you get to feature and join us for chat in the new studio, that we'll place in a room you're sitting in!
So here's the task...

Find a poem you love, from a peer member at DU, ask their permission. Then recite and record that poem!

Winner scores the trophy and the visit, coffee and chat!
(Both original poet & reciter are invited BTW)

-Rules
"Be Lekker"
translated - "be cool" in Amercaneez

otherwise don't worry about rules, make it really something I can say, look that's what we do here!

This won't go to voting, so feel free to encourage, ask questions and support each other in the thread!

Thanks for involving yourself, I'm stoked to kick some recitals.

"Gun it!"
translated "Have Fun" in Americaneez

P.S. Out of fairness to the overall community, please don't record any of these members who are involved in the competition, thanks.

Al - Me
Missy - Her
Eamon (Lep) - Him

poet Anonymous

Thank you for hosting this for us! 🎤 Everyone is invited to take part. Come one, come all!

English: Woop Woop!
French: Le Woop le Woop!
German: Wüp wüp!

👍🏻

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

Okay, so I just found out the platforms we post the poetcast project to are full of it, with heavy heavy language and erotica, so for your own safety, don't go that route, unless you think you can get away with it by coughing at the right time or putting stars on nipples and stuff!

Strangeways_Rob
Fire of Insight
Wales 11awards
Joined 31st Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 454

Ha! How is your Welsh Not even I would be such a tw@t, to expect anyone to attempt a slice of Cymraeg. The thing is. Not sure if my fave DU poet is still with us - literally, not metaphorically. His words deserve a voice. Think this a good, self-less act, so will have a scan around later. Rob

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

Strangeways_Rob said:Ha! How is your Welsh Not even I would be such a tw@t, to expect anyone to attempt a slice of Cymraeg. The thing is. Not sure if my fave DU poet is still with us - literally, not metaphorically. His words deserve a voice. Think this a good, self-less act, so will have a scan around later. Rob

I'm wondering because, you are right, reciting who has passed is as we say a respectful thing. I'm unsure what the law would say on that, but my gut feel is if you fairly sure that they passed and its unlikely both you and I are going to have egg on our faces, I think it's just a really kind gesture. So I'm on the side of do it!

poet Anonymous

If the person has passed and you would like to read it in a respectful and well meaning way and you can still credit it to that person, I see no issue with that. 😊

Strangeways_Rob
Fire of Insight
Wales 11awards
Joined 31st Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 454

Fairly certain they have passed away. Okies. Leave it with me.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

That is awesome 👌

Thank you!

poet Anonymous

Time for a little bump on this… you know you want to 😎

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5404

Not entry but an expression of gratitude relevant to this thread and a disclaimer, I've fortunate enough to have a couple of my scribbles to have been read by awesome Artists like no less than RevolutionAl and Daniel Christensen in the past.

Any DU member for the sake of this project is welcome to read any of my scribbles they feel like worthy of being given a go😊 ( I won't sue ya😁)

cheers
cf

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

These are awesome entries Keilani

really enjoyed listening to them!

Thank you so much for getting involved!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 3000

it tastes like the world is ending (written by Indie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hzcxpmPmEQ

Go to page:
Go to: