Forum Posts: 5404

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 16241

Miss_Sub said:148

Thanks for showing me how to find out! I was clueless!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

I don't think stats are popularity votes. I'm a part of NaPo each year - we market heavily not only across DU social network platforms, but our own as well; therefore, I'm going to have more poem views than most.  This will also draw more followers and "Likes", not from popularity but from people reading and ( hopefully ) enjoying the poem.  I've won Poem of the Month twice, as well as many DU sponsored comps ( such as Admin's visual ), which are also heavily marketed.  My stats are mostly the results of marketing - not popularity, imho.

poet Anonymous

Not to mention some members (like myself) are paid members and have their poems hidden from non-members which also effects views / stats etc. So it’s not really a particularly accurate reflection. I don’t really pay any attention to it.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Miss_Sub said:Not to mention some members (like myself) are paid members and have their poems hidden from non-members which also effects views / stats etc.

That's very true ( though I think it would only affect poem views ). I do hide mine at times - but do unhide them during NaPo and other comp promotions by Admin, as she posts the poem links ( as do we on our site/networks ) - hopefully to draw membership.  They're unhidden now because we ( meaning personal networks ) just ran Saturn Direct with the DU link.  

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

210 🙋🏻‍♀️🤳🏻

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thanks but I was just making a point.  Marketing ( and how often your poems are marketed for specific reasons ) makes a difference in stats that have nothing to do with popularity ( or unpopularity ).  

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The difference here ( or what I am trying to say very badly apparently ) is that influencer marketing has nothing to do with popularity of the poet, or about what people think.  It's statistical void of preference.  If one of my poems is widely marketed across DU networks - and another members isn't - is that an indication I am more popular because my poem received twice the views?  No - it's merely reflecting the difference between poems which are marketed and those that were not.

Another example would be I see the headlines and first few lines of an article or poem.  I click to read - that doesn't mean I liked the poem or article - yet the article is going to receive a view regardless. Views do not indicate what people think or the popularity of the poet ( or poem, for that matter ).  Only that they visited to read.  I may have hated it and closed out before finishing; however, the statistic isn't going to reflect that, only the number.

I do take your point about average word count.  

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

194 average word count

Go to page:
Go to: