Go to page:

Mysteriousness.....

The_Darkness_Insid
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 16th Apr 2024
Forum Posts: 259

mysteriouslady said:

You arent rambling. You are passionate. Theres a difference.
Peter Piper. Boom

I love all music.  I can go  from Vivaldi to the marching band at the local HS, to Slipknot to run dmc, to deftones to easy e to Volbeat to Chopin to Ambrosia to kid rocks techno to Etta James to rave dance music to Sevendust to dare I say early Madonna...Any and all. Blue grass, to Deicide.....Im all in. Music saved my lifer at one point, so never apologize for loving music. I could go one for hours and hours about music. I forgot Korn, STP, Audioslave, etc.....ets go.....

Wow! You sound very similar to me.  Ill listen to most of the stuff you mentioned with a few exceptions. Kudos on Peter Piper! Caught me off guard with that one a little. I had read through the thread prior to posting and didn't expect you to know Run DMC. No offense meant by that at all. You are a fellow music connoisseur. I truly feel sorry for people who don't share the love of music or box themselves into a small or limited variety.

It may be silly but one of my favorite things to do in my downtime is watch reaction videos on YouTube and see people experience great music for the first time. Especially when it's music they normally wouldn't have given a chance to. To watch someone who has an open mind appreciate new (to them) music is such a joy for me. Its almost like I somehow get to live vicariously through them.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2468

The_Darkness_Insid said:

Wow! You sound very similar to me.  Ill listen to most of the stuff you mentioned with a few exceptions. Kudos on Peter Piper! Caught me off guard with that one a little. I had read through the thread prior to posting and didn't expect you to know Run DMC. No offense meant by that at all. You are a fellow music connoisseur. I truly feel sorry for people who don't share the love of music or box themselves into a small or limited variety.

It may be silly but one of my favorite things to do in my downtime is watch reaction videos on YouTube and see people experience great music for the first time. Especially when it's music they normally wouldn't have given a chance to. To watch someone who has an open mind appreciate new (to them) music is such a joy for me. Its almost like I somehow get to live vicariously through them.

Never apologize for anything music related with me. Its kinda private and yet theres so many out there that hold it close to their heart. As do I. Tis why I share.
Ive been around. I totally didnt even mentioned the forever crowned  way before their time and if their shit came right niw, it would be #1, Beastie Boys.
My fave is Check your head....of course LTI is their winner, but I like to hit the non mainstream...plus I female We like to dance.
I also love Bachs Cello S#1... and others....yet can hit mosh pit at a Pantera reunion tour. ....Music is life within me and my family.

The_Darkness_Insid
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 16th Apr 2024

mysteriouslady said:

Never apologize for anything music related with me. Its kinda private and yet theres so many out there that hold it close to their heart. As do I. Tis why I share.
Ive been around. I totally didnt even mentioned the forever crowned  way before their time and if their shit came right niw, it would be #1, Beastie Boys.
My fave is Check your head....of course LTI is their winner, but I like to hit the non mainstream...plus I female We like to dance.
I also love Bachs Cello S#1... and others....yet can hit mosh pit at a Pantera reunion tour. ....Music is life within me and my family.

I like you. I mean...I realize I don't know you and I just walked in the door but what I have seen gives me a good impression and I wouldn't mind getting to know you a little better. In a totally non creepy way. Just looking for some like minded people to have some dialog with since my life has been pretty devoid of that.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012

Styxian said:Why delete it?!

Worst show, easy...

ZZTop, which I love for their older stuff. They opened for Hank Williams Jr (I know, wtf. Right?)

ZZ was great.  And then ol Hank Jr spent a chunk of his set talking politics. Just, no. A huge portion of the crowd left, including us.  
I went to see ZZ, and I was happy for that. But not with Hankie.

I was a little lassy when I listened to ZZ. I blame my pops.
What man doesnt love a sexy pair of legs getting out of a hot rod to rock N roll music?  #mtv lol

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5876

The_Darkness_Insid said:

Anyway, sorry for rambling on. My point is that music is a huge part of my life and has been for a long time. I love music and I can't go a day without it. If I'm not listening to music, I'm singing or humming something. I wake up every morning with a tinge on my mind and end the day in the same way.

This is exactly why this thread is valid AF. Thank you for summarising that so perfectly. So many people hold their own soundtracks to their lives. I think you can learn so much about a person from their “songs” as well.

The_Darkness_Insid
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 16th Apr 2024

Northern_Soul said:

This is exactly why this thread is valid AF. Thank you for summarising that so perfectly. So many people hold their own soundtracks to their lives. I think you can learn so much about a person from their “songs” as well.

So much accuracy in this post. I really like the idea of a soundtrack to your life!

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

The_Darkness_Insid said:

So much accuracy in this post. I really like the idea of a soundtrack to your life!

Haha, thanks!

What would yours be?

The_Darkness_Insid
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 16th Apr 2024

Northern_Soul said:

Haha, thanks!

What would yours be?

Mine would be all over the place. I guess it would vary from day to day. Today I woke up with November Rain in my head. Right now I have The Hill Have Eyes by The Weeknd on my mind. I go from 2Pac to Tori Amos to Natalie Merchant to Melanie Martinez to Alice in Chains to Pink Floyd to Zella Day to Pearl Jam to System of a Down to Sik World to Rage Against the a Machine to Phil Collns to Saint JHN to Billy Joel. On and on it goes. I love not being trapped in a box. My youtube playlists are all over the place. Youd either love taking a road trip with me or hate it lol

You?

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Ohhh now you’re asking.

I have a very special place in my heart for metal… 🙊

There was that glory point growing up where the 80’s thrash bands were just leaving their prime at the next wave was forming. Machine Head, Mudvayne, Lamb Of God, Rammstein, My Ruin, Distillers, Arch Enemy, Slayer… and then that glorious cross into nu-metal… *chef’s kiss*

But yeah… much like you, I’m extremely eclectic. I think about all the acts I loved through my life - Tori Amos, Alanis Morisette, REM, David Bowie, The Smiths… they’re all different. Up to the modern day - Phoebe Bridgers, Hosier, IDLES, Florence & the machine…

Just so many. And it’s all beautiful.

But yeah, metal is my baby…

I want See You On The Otherside by Ozzy Osbourne at my funeral, if anybody is listening. 😂

The_Darkness_Insid
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 16th Apr 2024

Northern_Soul said:Ohhh now you’re asking.

I have a very special place in my heart for metal… 🙊

There was that glory point growing up where the 80’s thrash bands were just leaving their prime at the next wave was forming. Machine Head, Mudvayne, Lamb Of God, Rammstein, My Ruin, Distillers, Arch Enemy, Slayer… and then that glorious cross into nu-metal… *chef’s kiss*

But yeah… much like you, I’m extremely eclectic. I think about all the acts I loved through my life - Tori Amos, Alanis Morisette, REM, David Bowie, The Smiths… they’re all different. Up to the modern day - Phoebe Bridgers, Hosier, IDLES, Florence & the machine…

Just so many. And it’s all beautiful.

But yeah, metal is my baby…

I want See You On The Otherside by Ozzy Osbourne at my funeral, if anybody is listening. 😂

You just cant deny the power of good music. Genres be damned. When you feel it....when it speaks to your soul, thats all that matters. That is what it's all about. Much like poetry. In fact, it is poetry but with a tune or beat to vibe with.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

The_Darkness_Insid said:

You just cant deny the power of good music. Genres be damned. When you feel it....when it speaks to your soul, thats all that matters. That is what it's all about. Much like poetry. In fact, it is poetry but with a tune or beat to vibe with.

You’re absolutely correct. I always wish the song lyrics section of the site was utilised more for that very reason.

The_Darkness_Insid
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 16th Apr 2024

Northern_Soul said:

You’re absolutely correct. I always wish the song lyrics section of the site was utilised more for that very reason.

So utilize it. Bump it up to the top. Ill add some lyrics.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012

The_Darkness_Insid said:

Mine would be all over the place. I guess it would vary from day to day. Today I woke up with November Rain in my head. Right now I have The Hill Have Eyes by The Weeknd on my mind. I go from 2Pac to Tori Amos to Natalie Merchant to Melanie Martinez to Alice in Chains to Pink Floyd to Zella Day to Pearl Jam to System of a Down to Sik World to Rage Against the a Machine to Phil Collns to Saint JHN to Billy Joel. On and on it goes. I love not being trapped in a box. My youtube playlists are all over the place. Youd either love taking a road trip with me or hate it lol

You?

Alice In Chains was my nick name in High School....ha!   They are in my top 5. My #1 is hands down, Deftones. Chino is hubba. RIP Chi. <3

Im the same on the road. I could rap it out with Snoop, then scream with Slipknot, cry wiith Air Supply, and get all jazzy with Sinatra....lol. I al over the map. I even Like Zydeko, anyone know what that is?  lol

adagio
Tyrant of Words
United States 4awards
Joined 15th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 290

hellooooooooooo!

The_Darkness_Insid
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 16th Apr 2024

mysteriouslady said:

Alice In Chains was my nick name in High School....ha!   They are in my top 5. My #1 is hands down, Deftones. Chino is hubba. RIP Chi. <3

Im the same on the road. I could rap it out with Snoop, then scream with Slipknot, cry wiith Air Supply, and get all jazzy with Sinatra....lol. I al over the map. I even Like Zydeko, anyone know what that is?  lol

Yea. That's that weezy bayou music. I know what it is, wouldn't go out of my way for it but it's ok. If we were road tripping I wouldn't give u shit about it.

We would have a helluva jam session. Id be right there going through all those motions you just mentioned with you!

Go to page:
Go to: