Go to page:

Why do you read poetry?

_Skylark_
Twisted Dreamer
Puerto Rico 1awards
Joined 31st Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 64

To continue discovering myself bit by bit.

poet Anonymous

Poetry tends to find you.

LiamReeduus
LiamReedus
Fire of Insight
Ireland 5awards
Joined 11th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 30

It's different for each, usually some insight for themselves or others to see them as who they are. Some just have a story to tell. Some use it so they can pour out and unlock. It's a gift power is in words

Casted_Runes
Mr Karswell
Fire of Insight
England 5awards
Joined 4th Oct 2021
Forum Posts: 404

Strangeways_Rob said:Poetry tends to find you.

I find that this corresponds with my own experience. I don’t really recall how I heard of Philip Larkin, for instance; it’s like his work just came to me and articulated my feelings better than I could at that time. Ditto Anne Sexton and Emily Dickinson.

Pitillo
Strange Creature
Joined 28th Sep 2022
Forum Posts: 9

Journey into the rugged allure of the Wild West aesthetic with our Crossed Guns vector images. These meticulously crafted crossed guns vector https://depositphotos.com/vectors/crossed-guns.html and evocative illustrations portray crossed firearms, evoking the grit and symbolism associated with Western themes, firearms culture, or representations of law and order.

mypassion4pleasure
Twisted Dreamer
Joined 19th Aug 2018
Forum Posts: 5

Poetry fills my senses
It completes me
It answers all my emotions
And takes me where I want to be
It fills voids, connects me to others, gives me inspiration
It's a neverending wonderful journey
Of exploration, fantasy, reflection, pain, love and so much more

Taylor65
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 27th Nov 2022
Forum Posts: 4

Why Do I read poetry?

It reminds me to be human.

Daevileyes
Lost Thinker
Romania 1awards
Joined 21st Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 12

The poetry I read fills me with a soothing calmness, it's sort of a gateway to the sublime of the inner self

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Anthonydevol
Strange Creature
Joined 22nd Dec 2022
Forum Posts: 6

To dive into the shadow self and let out the decade of struggle I made it out of

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2305

for me, it's sort of an addiction liken to my addiction to playing Chess everyday.

i can't pinpoint or explain why i prefer to play chess vs any other addiction that has tried to tempt me
and my theo-ry is that Poetry is the counterBalance on my Life Scale.

DanielChristensen
The Fire Elemental
Tyrant of Words
United States 36awards
Joined 27th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 239

To connect with the emotional sentience of another and through that feel the well of our root awareness, also to witness alchemical transformation through metaphor, like molecular bonds becoming visible, see how awareness connects that which often seems unconnected.

Sedic_J_Huxwell
Sedic J. Huxwell
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 21st Jan 2023

I like seeing how other people write. I like to see how different (or similar) theirs is to mine.

LiamReeduus
LiamReedus
Fire of Insight
Ireland 5awards
Joined 11th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 30

I read cause many are like me troubled past haunts them writing helps deviate that mental pain. Along with helps me sometimes by reading others to see a point I never realized before

ElliotCartwright
Strange Creature
Joined 16th Feb 2023

poetry can serve as a tool for self-reflection and personal growth, providing a space for introspection and contemplation. Some people may also read poetry to gain insight into different cultures or historical periods, as poems can provide a glimpse into the social, political, and cultural issues of the time. Overall, poetry can serve many different purposes and can be a deeply rewarding and enriching experience for readers.

Go to page:
Go to: