Go to page:

- Favourite Quotes -

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1767

This is not a quote but just a thought about A&E -- A&E stands for Accident & Emergency but also for Adam & Eve -- is there a difference?

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

Josh said:This is not a quote but just a thought about A&E -- A&E stands for Accident & Emergency but also for Adam & Eve -- is there a difference?

All is atom

monovox128
Philis PriceDean
Dangerous Mind
United States 2awards
Joined 22nd June 2022
Forum Posts: 75

That's awesome 👌 👏 👍 🥰❤️💯🫂

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

By 1900, the bulbs were lasting a very long time. Today, We have a number of them from that era that still give light. The oldest one was installed in 1901, and is presently at the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department in California. A few others, younger by a few years to a few decades, still burn as well, and yet others lasted 100 years or more before burning out.

What this demonstrates is that We can produce bulbs that last a lifetime, and even for generations.

So why aren’t We?

(from: https://amaterasusolar.substack.com/p/there-is-a-light-bulb?publication_id=1552659&post_id=142669463&isFreemail=true&r=33iv10&triedRedirect=true&utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14670

^^^

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:^^^

So true. Portia Nelson's poem "Autobiography in Five Short Chapters" springs to mind.
(https://www.therecoveryplace.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Autobiography-in-Five-Short-Chapters.pdf)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

So true. Portia Nelson's poem "Autobiography in Five Short Chapters" springs to mind.
(https://www.therecoveryplace.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Autobiography-in-Five-Short-Chapters.pdf)

Yes! Exactly. I've read that before, and it captures the essence of a cyclic pattern perfectly.

monovox128
Philis PriceDean
Dangerous Mind
United States 2awards
Joined 22nd June 2022
Forum Posts: 75

AMEN and HALLELUJAH 🥰 ❤️ 💯 🫂

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

“A theory that explains everything, explains nothing.”
(Karl Popper, Philosopher of Science)

SonderNinja
BenjaminEC
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 22nd May 2022
Forum Posts: 81

Northern_Soul said:

Thanks for sharing John Muir. He wrote one of my dearest quotes you’ve just reminded me of. It kind of keeps me Pagan-ing, and is a sentiment I share entirely:

“I don't like either the word [hike] or the thing. People ought to saunter in the mountains - not 'hike!' Do you know the origin of that word saunter? It's a beautiful word. Away back in the middle ages people used to go on pilgrimages to the Holy Land, and when people in the villages through which they passed asked where they were going they would reply, 'A la sainte terre', 'To the Holy Land.' And so they became known as sainte-terre-ers or saunterers. Now these mountains are our Holy Land, and we ought to saunter through them reverently, not 'hike' through them.”

-John Muir

Ooh, that's a great quote...completely agreed. I haven't sauntered enough lately myself, hope to remedy that soon. Life keeps making me act like an adult for extended periods now lol. Which reminds me of another of his great quotes:

“I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news.”

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

SonderNinja said:

“I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news.”

Oof!

mel44
Melgar
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 317

Love this❤️

monovox128
Philis PriceDean
Dangerous Mind
United States 2awards