Go to page:

DU is Getting Responsive

Chiyo
Miss Chi
Tyrant of Words
Germany 19awards
Joined 20th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 891

I was a bit shocked and confused when I came back today after weeks of time out. But I think it's only a question of time when we're customized to the new looks of DU although I'd prefer to see all online members at a glance ...

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Chiyo
Miss Chi
Tyrant of Words
Germany 19awards
Joined 20th Oct 2012

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Yeah, since there's space enough :-). Please???

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Chiyo said:

Yeah, since there's space enough :-). Please???

Unfortunately a web page cannot know how much space different bits are taking up unless you give them an explicit size. The content on DU Poetry is all different lengths depending on what is being shown.

Chiyo
Miss Chi
Tyrant of Words
Germany 19awards
Joined 20th Oct 2012

Okay ... but isn't it possible to show all members who are online? Like before?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14458

I found that, when using a touch phone, the "online now" will scroll down if you do the scrolling action with your finger. dunno if that helps  

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2643

Dear Mistress I can't seem to find the latest poems button on the new format while logged in.. your help is greatly appreciated I love this site you provide for us with love Crimsin

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

crimsin said:Dear Mistress I can't seem to find the latest poems button on the new format while logged in.. your help is greatly appreciated I love this site you provide for us with love Crimsin

There's a button on the "poems" page.

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2643

thank you Mistress I'm just learning to navigate the new format it's not to hard if you think lol :)

RKX
Lost Thinker
Canada
Joined 18th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 14

Can you add which category the poem was posted to in its small info box?  when browsing all new items it was easier to know where the poem was posted and be able to pick out the content I wanted to see faster, yes one could go back to the main page and then click a specific section, but its not as engaging that way and takes away finding new reads.

for example I bookmark all the new poems and scan them, usually looking for 2 specific sections, but would find other gems while viewing, now I can't see what section each poem is posted to at a glance without having to do numerous clicks to other categories etc. and that's a pretty big turn off for me personally.

As a site designer, and software designer I understand all the work that goes into these things. and that's appreciated of course.

added: even if it was just the section icon with the title

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
dartford
Paul S...
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 29awards
Joined 13th June 2013
Forum Posts: 249

how about you scrap