Go to page:

What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?

poet Anonymous

Philosophical dilemma is hard. The meaning of life and universe is different for everyone. For me, the meaning of it all is bullshit. We all die in the end. So when we're on earth and living our lives, it becomes so depressing we just can't wait to jump into a coffin. I am in a bad mood. Don't mean to be so morbid.

slayer69
Thought Provoker
Australia
Joined 26th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 107

crimsin said:I was born a bit deranged where does that fit into the equation? if there is a hell how is that fair when your born evil?

Haha, interesting point

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 9051

Eat, drink, sleep, pee, poop and die! That's all you have to do to live!! so the meaning is to just live and not ask so many questions especially questions that not a single soul will ever know the exact answer too

poet Anonymous

Best answer to this question I've heard comes from one called " bashar "

It goes " the meaning of life is the meaning you give it "

Cheers

Thats it

AnnabelleLeeRHCJ
Taha Johnson
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 19th Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 29

Our physical bodies are a reminded to stay grounded when all the shit around us has been lifted . Its a way to weight us down when pain is all around. Its our abilitt to put arms around another. our physical bodies are here only for those who fear to embrace our souls

AnnabelleLeeRHCJ
Taha Johnson
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 19th Aug 2013

Kou_Indigo said:Myself, I am one of those people who is actually cursed (or blessed) to remember all of their past lives in every horrible, glorious, sometimes beautiful sometimes meh detail. I was recently (back in May) fully ordained as a Wiccan High Priestess. I had, up until then, already been an ordained Gnostic High Priestess so to accomplish both while still young is very unusual. The Reverend Mother who ordained me said it is because she and others of her (and now my) following believe me to be a reincarnated goddess in mortal form. My poems are filled with the various details of my past life memories, including my divine ones, so what the Reverend Mother saw of me is absolutely true and I have had a greatly hard time wrapping my brain around it and adjusting to it. My old protégé Laurie is a member of the Reverend Mother’s particular order, which I am now a part of myself, and she had long been rather overzealously devoted to me and to my various beliefs and teachings even before I was ordained. Now, she practically worships the ground I walk on… but I cannot help but wonder if inspiring such devotion in people is how I came to rise so high that I became prideful and was thus cast from goddess-hood into mortal form to begin with. Some believe such beings are fallen angels, and I have long known I am one… but such knowledge did not come to me easily in life, nor without its’ own cost to be paid. I always prefer people get to know me as Jessica rather than something else because at my core that’s the real and essential me that hasn’t changed since time began. But that was me: even before this life, before I was known as Jessica, so to put a name to it is to do myself a great disservice. Laurie remembers my from other lives, as does my boyfriend for that matter, so it is a fact that people can indeed live again after death in another life (sometimes countless ones down through the ages), and even consciously (as well as subconsciously) remember having done so. But in remembering one has to consider which memories are important enough to keep and which ones are trivial and not worth one’s time to contemplate. For me, I find great joy in remembering a kiss I shared with my boyfriend in Feudal Japan in the Imperial Gardens in Edo more than in remembering training with my Ronin father back then to learn how to use a Katana effectively. I think love is what defines me as a person, as well as desire and passion, so I tend to hold unto and cherish the most memories that express that definition of the core me. But no two people are alike! If a Buddhist’s goal to be free of all passion in order to obtain a state of perfect emptiness… and through that oneness with everything… I prefer to embrace my passion in order to obtain a similar state of oneness with everything. There are no right or wrong paths in life we all take different routes sometimes to the same destinations. But the trick is in knowing yourself! Knowing yourself can give you tremendous power, and allow you to achieve miraculous things if you can find serenity and allow the life force of the universe to flow through you. Some call that life force God, but that is a trivial name for something far vaster than any human label could allow for. Personally, I do not seek to define God / Goddess, but rather I prefer to know that force through the universe all around me. I’ve known God through a gentle breeze on a cool spring day, the fragrance of flowers in a garden, the touch of a lover, the sound of a bird singing or of crickets chirping on a summer night. The wonder of fireflies that illuminate the evening sky: and the glory of the millions and billions of stars above us in the cosmos. One cannot know the entirety of that force, but one can know it by its’ presence all around us and within us as well. Some would call that magic. Some have allowed the magic to die in them, believing it to be gone from the world. Bu it is never gone, for it is a part of the world also, as well as beyond it. For those of us who can come to know it, there is great joy! Christians often find similar joy in receiving communion or in singing hymns. But to each: their own means of salvation I say! There are many ways of knowing God, many ways of expressing joy, and still more ways of experiencing glory. While one cannot know the meaning of all life and of everything, one can know the meaning of it all as it relates to oneself. And we can share what we learn with others; help them to grow, to find serenity and to know joy. That is what I try to do, and though no two people experience things the exact same way… the joy we can find in sharing our experiences can sometimes help to illuminate for people a way through the darkness that perhaps they never considered before. Needless to say, it helps to have an open mind!

Thank you I found it to be truly inspirationsl. I always believed we have many lives within one as well as reincarnation. I have always believed I had past lives I was once told a possibility but I often wonder of others I might of had I believe my children also to of lived before they were born in another place ot realm . It is good to see another speak freely of this and accept it some arounf  me finf it odd somewhat bizarre to even think of  others dont believe to live again .but b born again and some believe only one life several  within that time frsme I do desire to remember more but wonder if I have to pain or such my thoughts thank you for your inspiration my question how do you find the memories when they seem long hidden the good ones since all I csn seem to find is difficult ones .

AnnabelleLeeRHCJ
Taha Johnson
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 19th Aug 2013

Sorry for typos hard to see screen on mobile

braggman
Steve Bragg
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 27th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 1850

You are animated meat. Whatever you do, do it well and quickly. Any intimations otherwise are just understandable cowardice at admitting mortality dressed up in fuzzy logic.

Dangerous Mind
India 17awards
Joined 25th June 2011
Forum Posts: 679

braggman said:You are animated meat. Whatever you do, do it well and quickly. Any intimations otherwise are just understandable cowardice at admitting mortality dressed up in fuzzy logic.
+1

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1618

this brings to mind what Ahnold said in Conan the Barbarian:
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women."

Formion
Strange Creature
Australia
Joined 10th Sep 2013
Forum Posts: 3

What differs in our answers to this philosophical question is the experiences we encounter, what we hold onto most of all to shape who we are and what we want out of this apparent existence in which we are all commonly apart of as a sum of the parts to make up the whole that is who we as the individual. ultimately are.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

plastic-- the best thing humans ever did was create plastic.

Go to page:
Go to: