Go to page:

long distance relationship ?

stormz_of_fire
River
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 7th Mar 2012
Forum Posts: 355

They can easily fall apart. They're difficult, and sometimes painfully lonely. But when both people in the relationship are honest and true to each other, then they can work. You have to really trust the other person, and you have to really want to be with that person. Long distance relationships are not for "just having some fun". It's got to be real

Danii
Tyrant of Words
United States 5awards
Joined 27th Oct 2011
Forum Posts: 5152

It is possible to have a long distance relationship, but it is difficult. With being able to trust someone. I'd rather find someone outside of where I live, because I know all these guys to well, and know the games they play. Especially if you grew up with them.

opheliac
Dangerous Mind
9awards
Joined 29th Aug 2009
Forum Posts: 2122

Besides all the partying and going out you should consider the fact how will you be able to communicate with each other. Bare in mind the time difference/studying/working barriers as well as how often you'd be able to see each other.
I've been in a long distance relationship and trust me it wasn't easy at all.  We had reached the point of not communicating properly even if we were together after 3-4 months apart. The cherry on top is that he's in a new relationship now, in a new long distance relationship I should add.
Be careful who you'll choose to be with.

Starlight_angel
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 25th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 1240

The hardest part of being in a long distance relationship is no physical contact. You can talk and skype to your heart's desire. The fantasy play can be very fun. You can have massive amounts of love and trust, but on those cold dark days when your soul is raining, who is there to hold you? Affection is what is missing in a long distance relationship, and when you need it you seek it from a "friend". That is when your heart starts to attach to something else while not letting go of where your loyalty should rightfully be, and that is hell. It is where your needs cannot be met that tears apart long distance relationships. I had a few, and stayed true. By the time we were reunited our fantastical expectations far exceeded reality. (Not to mention the problems caused by his need for a warm body in his bed.)
Still there is one long distance relationship that I wish I had tried to have. Sure it probably would have fizzled and drifted off into history, but I often wonder how much sweeter the memories could have been if I'd tried to hold on longer rather than kissing him goodbye.

opheliac
Dangerous Mind
9awards
Joined 29th Aug 2009

that's true starlight. that's absolutely true.

poet Anonymous

When I find myself "in one", I will come back and reply.

Until then, in my opinion, it depends on both parties and what their striving for and how serious they want it?  Every relationship, long distance or not, will have issues as far as trust and commitment is concerned.

I wish you luck, AbsAlex!      

poet Anonymous

My long distance relationship lasted 2 years.
We didn't meet each other in person for the first time until 10 months into the relationship.
We moved in together and have been living this way for 4 years.

We are getting married in just under two years time.

If you want it to work, it will.

Starlight_angel
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 25th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 1240

Miss_Sub said:My long distance relationship lasted 2 years.
We didn't meet each other in person for the first time until 10 months into the relationship.

Congratulations, Missy! That is beautiful and exciting!

firedaughter
StayAwayFromTheNutcase
Fire of Insight
United States 17awards
Joined 14th Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 808

It's all about trust my dears, all about trust...

poet Anonymous

Starlight_angel said:[quote-87840-Miss_Sub]My long distance relationship lasted 2 years.

Congratulations, Missy! That is beautiful and exciting![/quote]

That is nice, Missy.  I hope you have a beautiful wedding!

poet Anonymous

And no... To anybody who's thinking it, I'm not having some weird bondage collaring ceremony lol. It's a white wedding. Just to clear that up right now

Yes. Trust is indeed the key. If you don't have trust you're fundamentally screwed in terms of long distance.

SychophanticSlag
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 24th May 2011
Forum Posts: 1958

Miss_Sub said:And no... To anybody who's thinking it, I'm not having some weird bondage collaring ceremony lol. It's a white wedding. Just to clear that up right now  
too funny.

opheliac
Dangerous Mind
9awards
Joined 29th Aug 2009

Miss_Sub said:My long distance relationship lasted 2 years.

congratulations Missy!!! i wish you all the best!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
PierreTheMad
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 7th Dec 2009
Forum Posts: 2808

A ghost has a poor chance of holding my attention.

Go to page:
Go to: