Go to page:

long distance relationship ?

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 9051

braggman said:[quote-87733-Gg78]They suck. Really it's a lot of work and trust. You're better off finding someone close to home
Aw Gigi, you really do care.[/quote]

You know it baby

Cinny
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 21st Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 983

BleedingInferno219 said:I don't find guys online, I'm just dating a guy I go to school with.... He's incredibly suitable. Sometimes we fight like cats and dogs but he keeps me entertained. I can promise you I am not stick think or donning booty shorts at any hour of the day. Just don't go looking for love..

I don't either, never said I did, nor do I go looking for men online. Hell, if I thought any of the guys in my school had a remote interest for a girl who isn't exactly the 'slim one' and they were half descent, I'd date them. :/ Nor did I say every girl wears booty shorts and is stick thin, but you're not overweight either, at least admit that. Sorry but the body is what people see first in person to person dating while online it's mostly personality first, my boyfriend may not be right here right now but I care about him and I'm just as content with him in a different state as I am if he were here. He's one of few people are worth the wait and patience.
Besides, I don't date unless the relationship has a future that is longer than a damn year and isn't based completely on physical contact. I hate physical contact, to be honest, I have a serious case of touch-a-phobia, I have to know the person well enough for long enough before I even consider letting them brush against me without flinching. Teenagers aren't my type and I live in a college town where most guys just want a fun girl that isn't going to be overly serious. Not my style. So over all, I prefer LD relationships because I get the chance to truly care about that person and not be delluded by the physical contact. (not that most girls are like that, but they are in my school, PDA is horrid)

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011

Cinny said:[quote-87733-Gg78]You're better off finding someone close to home

Normally that doesn't work though, to be honest. It's not rare to find a good guy in your area, but for a lot of girls - like me - who are not stick thin and wear booty shorts 24/7, it's hard to find a suitable one. Hence why most girls find a guy online, and a good portion of the time that relationship lasts longer than one where the people are close to one another believe it or not. My mother started dating her husband 7 years ago, they moved in together after a year and then after 4 they got married and now have a child. /shrugs
Just depends on if you want it enough to work for it.[/quote]

This bothers me a little, only because everyone puts a face on love and there is none. You can be 500 pounds with one tooth. Someone out there will love you for you not your looks. Hiding behind a computer isn't going to make you feel better about yourself. Everyone is beautiful in their own ways. Just have the confidence and it will shine.

Cinny
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 21st Feb 2012

Gg78 said:This bothers me a little, only because everyone puts a face on love and there is none. You can be 500 pounds with one tooth. Someone out there will love you for you not your looks. Hiding behind a computer isn't going to make you feel better about yourself. Everyone is beautiful in their own ways. Just have the confidence and it will shine.

I've never been anything but myself, insecurities and all. The computer screen doesn't change how I feel about myself, some days I think I look pretty, others I feel like I shouldn't be seen by the world. /shrugs.
As for the whole look thing, sure there is someone out there who will love you for your personality, but they may not be in the same 50 miles radius, country, or state. That's why I feel like LD relationships work out just as well as a so-called 'normal' one. You just need a touch more patience and effort.

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011

Cinny said:[quote-87896-Gg78]This bothers me a little, only because everyone puts a face on love and there is none. You can be 500 pounds with one tooth. Someone out there will love you for you not your looks. Hiding behind a computer isn't going to make you feel better about yourself. Everyone is beautiful in their own ways. Just have the confidence and it will shine.

I've never been anything but myself, insecurities and all. The computer screen doesn't change how I feel about myself, some days I think I look pretty, others I feel like I shouldn't be seen by the world. /shrugs.
As for the whole look thing, sure there is someone out there who will love you for your personality, but they may not be in the same 50 miles radius, country, or state. That's why I feel like LD relationships work out just as well as a so-called 'normal' one. You just need a touch more patience and effort.[/quote]

Yeah I guess. Whatever floats your boat . If it makes you happy go for it. Me I'm old school I guess. Like someone said earlier I like to touch taste and feel mine.
And I have a hard time believing what anyone says. Nvm trusting that they would be faithful. To much work for me. Men come a dime a dozen!

Cinny
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 21st Feb 2012

Gg78 said:Yeah I guess. Whatever floats your boat . If it makes you happy go for it. Me I'm old school I guess. Like someone said earlier I like to touch taste and feel mine.
And I have a hard time believing what anyone says. Nvm trusting that they would be faithful. To much work for me. Men come a dime a dozen!

Heh, all well and good. (:
Yeah, so do good women anymore. Seems everyone's so catty and bitchy on both ends now a days, too lost in them damn selves in my opinion. ;P

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011

Cinny said:[quote-87903-Gg78]Yeah I guess. Whatever floats your boat . If it makes you happy go for it. Me I'm old school I guess. Like someone said earlier I like to touch taste and feel mine.

Heh, all well and good. (:
Yeah, so do good women anymore. Seems everyone's so catty and bitchy on both ends now a days, too lost in them damn selves in my opinion. ;P[/quote]

Yeah I see that to. But hey to each his own, as long as they leave me alone I don't care how they act, they have to deal with themselves. I find women on the ld are more catty then any women I've met in my everyday life. But I'm 33 so I'm in another level of women! I feel bad though for teens. It's not the same as it was back in my high school days

ScottSF21
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 9th Mar 2012
Forum Posts: 53

They work and they don't.It depends.
If you both are trusting,pretty honest,actually share interests,have met etc then it might just work.Otherwise I doubt it.

Cinny
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 21st Feb 2012

Gg78 said:Yeah I see that to. But hey to each his own, as long as they leave me alone I don't care how they act, they have to deal with themselves. I find women on the ld are more catty then any women I've met in my everyday life. But I'm 33 so I'm in another level of women! I feel bad though for teens. It's not the same as it was back in my high school days

Yeah, I completely agree. I hate the teenage boys/girls anymore, they all seem to be the typical type ya know? Not all of them, but a good portion.

Danii
Tyrant of Words
United States 5awards
Joined 27th Oct 2011
Forum Posts: 5152

Mostly everyone has confidence issues. Its human nature, but everyone has someone who will love them.

Deontejordan
D. Jordan
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 4th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 703

Hello? anyone there?
*far off in the distance* NO! no one's here. we dont like you, get lost.
guess i dont have anyone who will love me.
*ENTER- extremely UGLY girl*
Hey baby!
*back to me*
Have i died and gone to hell?

Cinny
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 21st Feb 2012

Deontejordan said:*ENTER- extremely UGLY girl*
Hey baby!
*back to me*
Have i died and gone to hell?

Wow, that's not shallow and dickish at all. /sarcasm

BleedingInferno219
Kristyn Ashley.
Fire of Insight
United States 12awards
Joined 3rd Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 717

I don't either, never said I did, nor do I go looking for men online. Hell, if I thought any of the guys in my school had a remote interest for a girl who isn't exactly the 'slim one' and they were half descent, I'd date them. :/ Nor did I say every girl wears booty shorts and is stick thin, but you're not overweight either, at least admit that. Sorry but the body is what people see first in person to person dating while online it's mostly personality first, my boyfriend may not be right here right now but I care about him and I'm just as content with him in a different state as I am if he were here. He's one of few people are worth the wait and patience.
Besides, I don't date unless the relationship has a future that is longer than a damn year and isn't based completely on physical contact. I hate physical contact, to be honest, I have a serious case of touch-a-phobia, I have to know the person well enough for long enough before I even consider letting them brush against me without flinching. Teenagers aren't my type and I live in a college town where most guys just want a fun girl that isn't going to be overly serious. Not my style. So over all, I prefer LD relationships because I get the chance to truly care about that person and not be delluded by the physical contact. (not that most girls are like that, but they are in my school, PDA is horrid)[/quote]

I know I'm not fat.. pfft, I'd be stupid to say so.. 105-110.. Not too shabby.. Still, the interweb is home to many creepers. To be frank, I think you can't truly love someone without ever looking them in the eyes, without meeting them face to face. And I get your drift.. I dont date just to fuck around. I date to find someone to spend my life with.. Perhaps Im oldfashioned.. I used to have this wretched, terrible, god awful fear of touch.. Honestly, I'd get the shakes. I'd quiver. I'd tremble. It's because I had this really twisted neighbor when I was 5 and 6.. who liked to babysit me in all the wrong ways. Its best just to put it behind you..

"You'll never grow as a person if you never get out of your comfort zone.." - My Daddy.<3

Deontejordan
D. Jordan
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 4th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 703

i dont HONESTLY think any girl is ugly. God made us all in his image.

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011

"You'll never grow as a person if you never get out of your comfort zone.." - My Daddy.<3

Inferno that's some good advice

Go to page:
Go to: