your old tackle box
when you used to go fishing—
hides guilty habit

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Whew! Had to read through these about 4 times to narrow them down, and while there were tons of great entries, I went with what stood out as most memorable and kept surfacing as thought provoking. Thanks so much for all the entries--so many more deserve trophies than what I could give !

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

I just had such fun doing this competition, MadameLavender, and I'm tickled for the winners: congratulations Devlin, rabbit, & Spanker! 🏆👏

Chiyo
Miss Chi
Tyrant of Words
Germany 19awards
Joined 20th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 891

Thank you so much, MadameLavender, for the great idea of fortune cookie haikus per se and the very kind and professional hosting of the competition :-). I had fun in writing and reading!
Congrats Devlin! Love your contributions! Great haikus! Congrats, too, rabbitquest and Spanker :-).

poet Anonymous

Miss ML. . .Thank You for the wonderful Trophy and for hosting such a fun comp (we need lots and lots more of them) and I cannot begin to express how grateful I am for considering my piece(s); and I must say there were some pretty damn good ones wrapped up in here so I understand the "Whew!"!

Rabbitquest & Spanker, Congrats.

Miss Jade(y) and Miss Chi, a great thanks to you both for dropping a line of congrats.

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 832

Devlin, I add my congratulations. Well done. And thank you, ML, for an exciting competition.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Great competition!

Many of these made me laugh in one way or another ... or probed me to think as those little slips of papers that come with my order of dumplings do.

Devlin! Great stuff ... congrats to the runners up! Miss Chiyo, loved your pieces, they were my personal favorites.  Minerva thanks for the mention.

Doc, always a pleasure penning for your challenges.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Thanks Madame Lavender for hosting the comp, and thank you all for your kind words, and last and least I want to thank my PAC, poetic action commitee.

Go to page:
Go to: