Go to page:

ComMonsters

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1531

Ahh, this is how I like my discussions, lot's of differing opinions and valid points being made with no beheadings...
What a wonderful cyber world!
JJ

RainC_Tara
rain1courtel
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 1st Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 59

Hey there JJ! I do understand and agree with you about the bland comments; the ones without much thought.
Though sometimes saying little is saying much, eh?! (…depending on the profundity) Sometimes I think some poets just want to respond out of courtesy but without much to offer. Comments with depth and thought takes time and energy, and some folks don’t have either. *points finger at myself* It takes dedication to reply analytically, detailed etc…, and when you have a large following of poets, it puts unwanted stress on you to give that extra-wow factor to each piece you read. I try my best to give a noteworthy response and often times fall short, but it is what it is…

poet Anonymous

Poetryman said: "wow, great poem", or "you're really good".

Often short comments are more true than a long critique full page.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2465

lepperochan said:some of the comments being posted are cringeworthy.

what do you consider cringe worthy?

SatansSperm
Dangerous Mind
13awards
Joined 19th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 3112

before someone comments I have to get then to read it first....lol

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14458

mysteriouslady said:

what do you consider cringe worthy?

add- break

I'll use myself as an example " I'll be honest, it was your pretty eyes which drew me into your verses"

did I cringe the next day ..yes I did

but to answer your question a bit better, I think comments which are waaay overly back slapy

"Holy fuck ! you had me inside your pussy watching the cock thrusting in and out of it "

..stuff like that

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2465

lepperochan said:

add- break

I'll use myself as an example " I'll be honest, it was your pretty eyes which drew me into your verses"

did I cringe the next day ..yes I did

but to answer your question a bit better, I think comments which are waaay overly back slapy

"Holy fuck ! you had me inside your pussy watching the cock thrusting in and out of it "

..stuff like that

OK. I cringed myself. Thanks for the indulgence. I may or may not be on those commentators. <3

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2597

I like constructive criticism and inventive and/or silly comments. It's nice to hear you hit the mark with someone but I don't know what to do with the 'I liked it' variety.

It's like I recently told a friend who's always busy, come up with some new material, "I'm racing dragons to windmills". "I'm serving grapes to a harem and fuck are my arms tired."  So much more fun don't ya think? LOL

placebo
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 4th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 18

i'm the person that goes "wow great poem" lol. Perhaps members could pick how lengthy of comments they want. Like, you can't post your comment unless it's x amount of characters.

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2597

placebo said:i'm the person that goes "wow great poem" lol. Perhaps members could pick how lengthy of comments they want. Like, you can't post your comment unless it's x amount of characters.

Oh ye gads, I just had visions of twitterish comment So! Make it stop! Lol

Go to page:
Go to: