Any bloggers out there

Simon_III_Msibi
Mandla Msibi
Thought Provoker
South Africa 5awards
Joined 29th June 2013
Forum Posts: 92

The best description I can give myself is simple: I am a writer

I want to be as versatile as possible so I decided to start a blog. The blogs name is Metamusics (Play on words, sounds like Metaphysics)

I am a philosophy student and I also listen to a lot of music, I have most genres you can think of, so the idea is to fuse the two because they are my two loves.

I want to find ways to bring my blog to the world, I do not mean being an over night sensation but understand the world of blogging and maybe if anyone has similar blogs we can follow each other.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Metamusics.blogspot.com

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Why don't you follow a popular blogger that you like, and observe what they do well and what not so well? Perhaps get a gauge on what the blogger's followers like, by reading their comments and asking what they like about the blog. If you want to bring it to the world, then go to the bloggers who are already bringing it to the world and learn from them, perhaps even send your favourite blogger an email and ask them for advice. Just a suggestion.

Simon_III_Msibi
Mandla Msibi
Thought Provoker
South Africa 5awards
Joined 29th June 2013
Forum Posts: 92

Thank you for your suggestion, It does make a lot of sense.

Offensivelyme
Lost Thinker
France
Joined 12th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 25

Hey,
I am answering a bit late, and even though your blog seems to have been deleted, I will try to help you out.
I have been blogging for half a year.
At first, it was just to communicate with my girlfriend of the time, but after breaking-up, I decided to take it more seriously in order to cope and have a hobby in parallel with writing. When I started blogging seriously, I had a huge gain of followers, I gained 700 followers in only a few weeks.
First of all, my first advice is to quit blogspot. Nobody uses it and customizing it is really tough. You should consider Wordpress or Tumblr. The second one is my little crush. The customization is ultra easy, even for non-aficionado of coding, and it has got a huge community. My advice is only useful if you use tumblr.

Try to find kind of an idea of what you want to post. That way, you will have a long-lasting fanbase. If your blog is too versatile, people might unfollow you when they find out you don't only post what they were looking for. You can "like" posts that you find interesting or attractive, but that won't fit your blog aesthetics. This feature can also allow you to reblog them later if you have a change in the global style of your blog, and read them later.

Then, find a theme or code one going well with your posts. For example, if you write poetry take one allowing you to write easily without having to code your paragraphs and everything. If you're stuck with a photography theme, your writing will also not be displayed as freshly as your pictures, which can be annoying.

Don't forget to tag your posts, it'll make it easier for people to find you. It doesn't only allow you to organize your blog, but also to be displayed more easily on the Search feature. For example, if you tagged your post with #love, someone looking for love posts will find it, even if "love" doesn't appear in the piece of writing or picture.

Most of all, keep going. Don't stop blogging because no one reads you, because readers will come with time and patience.

You can "Ask" famous blogs to check out your blog. They might follow you or reblog you if they enjoy your blog.

Good luck, fellow blogger.

PS: If what you blog sticks with the idea of my blog, send a message to "offensivelyme" and I will help you out by reblogging you or promoting you.

JacobVidelle
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 24th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 5

I actually looked into Blogging today before i ended up signing on here. Big help mate, are you recommending Tumblr? and isit free?

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I've been using blogspot since 2007, I have four blogs and others which I have since closed.  They are all poetry.  I only created them as a platform for my poetry for friends to view, never really been bothered about accumulating followers.

I've never had a problem with building blogs on blogspot or navigating and customising the layouts etc.   I actually found it more mentally stimulating having to build them from scratch myself and figuring it out for myself.

But hey, tumblr seems to be the go to place if you're looking for followers.  

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

Pleased to meet you all fellow bloggers. I have also four blogs: two on poetry, one on food using coconut as main ingredient and another one discussing solar energy. All of them at blogspot. Offensivelyme was right...readers will find you if they like your topic, and make sure they find you by using the right keywords in your tags. Good luck Simon.

PsychicApocalypse
Darker Half
Dangerous Mind
Belize 30awards
Joined 5th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1483

I always wanted to be a blogger, but the problem with me is I'm not consistent. Some days I'm dark and shit, and some day I'm Starshine Cloud from HippVillie...

I don't think I'd gain any followers with my bi-polarity.

I have an interesting amount of followers on Pinterest tho.

One of these days, when i get real serious about it and have like a set theme...  I will know how to go about it starting a Blog.

Darker.

JacobVidelle
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 24th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 5

thats what i mean, i have a million schools of thought, want to write about alot...?

Page:
Go to: