Go to page:

I propose an unbiased competition

poet Anonymous

Magnetron said:I'm an idea guy. I come up with ideas. Here's an idea.

No won gets a trophy because there is no winner.

You compete to challenge yourself. You compete to prove you can get the job done. You compete to exercise your noggin. You compete to exorcise your demons. You compete because it sounds like fun. You compete to outdo your friends. You compete to shut up the troll who volunteers more smack about your poetry than poetry of his own.

I've always hated deadlines, but sometimes a deadline is enough motivation. A locked topic does not accept late entries.

Those are called "endless competitions". They exist in the competitions forum, have no green bar at top (showing no date) and therefore no trophies awarded. :)

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

My other idea was that you have specify you are entering any competitions and then if you fail to meet the deadline, we drive-by your house and pelt it with pancakes slathered in peanut butter.

poet Anonymous

Magnetron said:My other idea was that you have specify you are entering any competitions and then if you fail to meet the deadline, we drive-by your house and pelt it with pancakes slathered in peanut butter.

What do you propose we do if no one enters a valid entry to a comp, and the countdown to the deadline is less than 24 hrs?

(yep, another easy trophy going into the trash here:)
http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/7217/

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

HollyDove said:What do you propose we do if no one enters a valid entry to a comp, and the countdown to the deadline is less than 24 hrs?

Then whoever started the competition is given an Atomic Wedgie.

Not just any kind of wedgie.

An Atomic Wedgie.

To be specific, we duct tape you hanging upside down to the mast of my pirate ship and we each take turns bungie jumping from the crows nest using the elastic waistband of your underpants.

poet Anonymous

Magnetron said:[quote-275444-HollyDove]What do you propose we do if no one enters a valid entry to a comp, and the countdown to the deadline is less than 24 hrs?

Then whoever started the competition is given an Atomic Wedgie.

Not just any kind of wedgie.

An Atomic Wedgie.

To be specific, we duct tape you hanging upside down to the mast of my pirate ship and we each take turns bungie jumping from the crows nest using the elastic waistband of your underpants.[/quote]

LOL!!

I'm barely a size 7 bikini. My elastic would snap and you'd land face first in the laughing crows'  crap on poop deck.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

This thread is making me think: How many DUP poets does it take to screw in a light bulb? ...

... Whoever comes up with the funniest retort - you've won this competition on how to run a competition!  

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16269

A light bulb is not screwable nowadays, LSP. Did I win? haha!
Seriously though, to reiterate I believe competitions here are mostly unbiased, but as Hades Rising said, if the same people participate for some reason, the trophies will go to familiar names. Its not because the competition is bias but because of limited participation. So do compete, newbies. That way you get read and of course you get to hone your skills.

weary_
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 5th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 7

I like the idea. I haven't been on long but I can see why there might be issues with being biased towards one poet or another. The competitions are fun ways to evolve your skills in writing and being that I'm just a beginner, it doesn't bug me who wins. (not caring who wins may change for me, but that's because I know I'm not the best)

poet Anonymous

LobodeSanPedro said:This thread is making me think: How many DUP poets does it take to screw in a light bulb? ...

... Whoever comes up with the funniest retort - you've won this competition on how to run a competition!  

Only two, and the light bulb they screw inside of must be as big and awesome as Bill and Ted's underground phone booth.

Hey....What's the end date of this comp?! whoever gives me the best answer wins a nonsense bunny flip

Go to page:
Go to: