penguin_eater
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 26th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 21

The Killers

and probably

Cage The Elephant.

Although I've been listening to a lot of Eminem and The Glitch Mob lately.

Favorites aren't my kind of thing. I like anything and everything. Except for current country.

kittiewoe
Lilly
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 30th June 2013
Forum Posts: 20

My favourite artist ever- Frank Turner, he has such a beautiful mind, and his lyrics are just gorgeous:

"The single saddest thing I ever had to do was take your arms from round me and walk away from you, I know I houldn't have kissed you as I left, darling I should've been stronger"

"I make her cups of tea and listen quietly as she starts to list the latest list of bastards who have trampled on her heart.... we talk about the weather and she drowns her pain in drink, I nod and never ever dare to tell her what I think"

"And then I catch myself catching your scent on someone else in a crowded space and it takes me somewhere I cannot quite place"

"The problem with showing your lover your scars is that everybody's lover is covered in scars"

"You're burnt with a branding iron onto my outside into my insides it's a simple thing, you show off your ownership burned into my naked skin onto my outside into my inside it's not even close anymore, just a claim upon my soul, it stains my skin it's on my breath and I'm ashamed to get undressed, afraid of strangers in case they see the tell tale signs you have left all over me"

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

"WAR".  War is a band like no other. It was nothing more than a bunch of musicians who got together and jammed.  Hence the reason, its a band who's membership, over time, has always been in a state of change.  And truly, their music is a cross cultural collaboration.  Something seldom seen on the scene.  'WAR' was nothing more than a bunch of blokes getting together to have a good time.

The result, "Spill The Wine" and "Cisco Kid Was a Friend Of Mine"

This world is so desperately, in need of their kind.

ghostiewostie
Strange Creature
Joined 27th July 2014
Forum Posts: 3

Timber Timbre, Attic Abasement, Mum

TheWayItIs
PerilousKid
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 15th June 2014
Forum Posts: 78

My taste goes from Hardcore metal to Rock

I have too many to choose from!
But i really like The Neightbourhood and Lana Del Rey..And The xx..And Attila.

thepositivelydark
Fire of Insight
4awards
Joined 28th Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 134

Arctic Monkeys - Suck It and See
The Killers - Glamorous Indie Rock and Roll
The Script - Hall of Fame
Snow Patrol - Crack the Shutters
Florence and the Machine - Shake It Out
Muse - Hysteria

It's hard to pick just one song for those six, which are the best for me, so I wrote the first song that pops in my head. I listen to different genres and songs from different periods. I think Joan Jett is amazing and "Carry On My Wayward Son" by Kansas will be awesome in my life soundtrack. And yes,  I'm a Supernatural fan. I'll sway to jazz then dance to some Beyonce after. I'll sing the blues then bust into a Katy Perry song. Relax to some classical then proceed to singing new music. It just helps broaden your perspective about things.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Caught these guys at The Shrine in NYC about five weeks ago ... Incredible energy!

http://www.reverbnation.com/royalkhaoz

Ten Foot Pole Cats also via The Shrine have some awesome rock & bluegrass tunes.

http://www.tenfootpolecats.com/

Page_Writer
Mad Girl
Thought Provoker
United States 19awards
Joined 25th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 183

Taylor Swift, Christina Perri, Paramore, Shinedown and The Birthday Massacre.

My favorite Taylor Swift song has to be Treacherous, All Too Well and Begin Again, Taylor Swift's hopeless romantic songs might get on alot of people nerves but for someone that was in a really bad relationship, they got me through it with not so many bruises, All Too Well reminding of my last relationship and the break-up that followed perfectly. Paramore was my first alternative band and their CD, Riot got me through the abuse from my step-father when I was fourteen and fifteen years old, it was like comfort from an old friend hearing their songs over and over again. Christina Perri's song, Penguin was one of the first songs I ever dedicated to my boyfriend and ever since my pet name for him has been my "Penguin" because he's my soul mate. And when penguins get together, they mate for life. And my favorite song by The Birthday Massacre is "Leaving Tonight" from the Hide and Seek CD because it's just so interesting and weird and I was able to make an entire story surrounding the lyrics in the song. My favorite Paramore songs are Decode, Hate To See Your Heart Break, My Heart, Turn It Off and We Are Broken. And my favorite Shindown songs are Sound of Madness, because it reminds me of myself and I can relate to the meaning in the song and Amaryllis because I just love the lyrics of the song and the meaning in it, it's so beautiful.

- Paige Rider

MsRockyJackson
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 1st July 2014
Forum Posts: 318

My favorite artist is Michael Jackson and my favorite song by him would be Man in the mirror because his songs have such deep feeling and a powerful message

poet Anonymous

Otep..
Megadeth...
Slipknot....
Journey.....
I listen to these bands the most..

diamonddave75
Tyrant of Words
United States 20awards
Joined 28th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 244

Motorhead
Van Halen (Roth Era is the best)
Rage Against The Machine
Neil Young
Tool
Fleetwood Mac
and to many others to list, i'm very versatile...

Toast
Twisted Dreamer
New Zealand
Joined 16th Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 51

hard to pick favorites, few I love are..

Rebelution
Soldiers Of Jah Army
Fat Freddys Drop
The Black Seeds
Katchafire
John Butler Trio
The White Stripes
Fly My Pretties
Third Strike

Go to page:
Go to: