Go to page:

Kitty's Korner

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 1853

I Want To Be Buried… No, I Want To Be Cremated, Wait, I Am Just Undecided (Introduction)

This is my introduction theories of death; however, I will be posting my findings, what are the thoughts on would like to be buried or cremated.

I had a Blog on this very same topic, and I could not believe a simple question would divide so many mentalities.
I had pastor who chimed in, and he and I went back and forth, and he could not show me any bearing the Bible about cremation, yet several parables about death, burial rites, then a sermon on the crucifixion of Jesus and his burial in tomb until he resurrected in three days following Good Friday.

I would delve farther into that theory somewhere in time and different variations from a religion perspective to debunk the truth or accept the myth.

In lieu of that above observation please take into consideration, after King Saul and his sons died, if you know your theology their bodies were cremated by the people of Jabesh Gilead, however it was only to prevent further desecration by the Philistines.

With that being stated traditional Jewish and Christian based faith have always favored burial, however, there is no biblical commanded against cremation. The Bible emphasizes that our bodies shall return to dust, and that goes without saying, whether through its natural decomposition or cremation.

Therefore, I did farther research from a philosophical angle then from a religious angle. I never knew the reasons that I received ventured on a mental flogging between the participation.

I would present the questions from my own belief. Various opinions honed down to the afterlife if you get cremated, once your spirit leaves the vessel what happens to the body as it is commenced back to ashes to ashes, and dust to dust.

The religious jargon was even more surprising concerning the rituals following death.

In my religion there is no death, it is only the evolution of the spiritual subconscious that has manifested into a sphere, you returned if you cannot understand your life lesson, the meaning of your presence, I will explain that concept more in detail

When you are the Director of Nursing of a vast geriatric population these thoughts does make you question you own mortality and are doctors playing the Creator when residents have a DNR upon their wishes in place. I will cross reference to explain that death is never the final act of living it is only the beginning.

In the meantime, what do you think, and me being an advocate for Homelessness, Child Cancer, and Breast Cancer Awareness, this question has always been presented to me…what your thoughts after you are read this...

Should we commence the body back to whence it came from uno the earth or celebrate the ashes that is spread unto the wind, poured into the water, or immortalized in a sitting Urn.

How would you like for your family to remember your presence those are the questions I will delve into.

In part to that everyone please have a safe and spiritual ending of September there is another eclipse due in October, and why does this concern me when it comes to the alliance of those planets.

October 2, 2024
Annular Solar Eclipse

Everyone please enjoy your last week of September and ladies I truly hope you have checked your breasts during this month, and gentlemen if you visited your physical during this month, I hope you have asked for your prostate to me checked during the month of September

Until our minds entwine to soul searching for the meaning of life, please take care of yourself and others, have faith, and please smile back at the world

Love and Universal Hugs, always
SKC, Interim DON, APRN

Live Blog Shot

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 1853

Detoxing The Mind And The Body

I wrote this piece regarding a medical condition that effects so many people.        

Being an Interim Director of Nursing, Nurse Practitioner and within my field, I have witnessed so many patients succumb to this illness or have a slew of medications in their medicine cabinet they must daily take to keep their hearts functioning properly.          

Detailed medication for water retention is usually (Lasix/HCTZ), various HTN medications, and a low dosage of daily ASA (Aspirin) a regiment to reduce hypertension.          

That list does exclude any medications for secondary heart problems, heart palpitations, your arrhythmias, and tachycardias.          

Hypertension, if left uncontrolled can lead to several heart diseases or a CVA: Ischemic cardiomyopathy or coronary artery disease, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, valvular disorders such as aortic stenosis and at times it can lead to Sleep Apnea.          

We are moving into cooler months, whereas we tend to be less conscientious about what we eat. In colder months we tend to eat more consume.        

Various lab studies and scientific experiments have shown these two substances can alter the body’s DNA that may in turn, increase the risk of cancer. In addition, AICR (American Institute If Cancer Research) does highly recommend limiting or just avoiding processed meat at all costs, subsequently, always choose only a limited portions of red meat because even small amounts of processed meat, when eaten regularly, will always increase risk for colorectal cancer.          

This medical condition, I speak of crosses the borders of ethnic groups, genders, and does pertain to its citizens of all countries. Known as the silent killer, this is what we as medical profession refer to as Hypertension (HTN).              
Let’s delve farther into what exactly is Hypertension.          

High blood pressure (hypertension) is a common condition in which the long-term force of the blood against your artery walls is high enough that it may eventually cause health problems, such as heart disease.          

Blood pressure is determined both by the amount of blood your heart pumps and the amount of resistance to blood flow in your arteries.          

Please be advised most people are more attuned to hypertension, alternately, there are causes as being classified as having hypotension to causes just as many complications.          

The medication(s) a physician will prescribe comes in many factors to combat high blood pressure.          

Beta blockers, helps in reducing the heart rate thus decreasing the blood pressure.          
Most African Americans will be prescribed beat blockers.          

A diuretic, such as HCTZ/Lasix will increases urination which in turn reduces the sodium and fluid content resulting in decreasing blood pressure.          

Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors will widen the blood vessels thereby assisting in easy blood flow and can reduce the blood pressure.          

Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs,) will help relax the blood vessels to lower the pressure.          

Calcium channel blockers, medically reduces the amount of calcium entering heart muscles thereby reducing the heart rate and controlling blood pressure.          

Alpha blockers
, when prescribed by your physician, will sing these types of medical the muscles of arteries and veins are relaxed thus reducing the blood pressure.          

Then you have your Renin inhibitors, the sole purposes of this medication is to inhibit the enzyme that favors the production of angiotensin and regulate blood pressure which constricting blood vessels.          
If you suffer from hypertension and you are taking medication(s), inquire with your physician to see what classification your medication falls under. For some unknown reason, and it occurs quote a lot.          

When more than one family member is on HTN medication and if one person runs out, most will share, however that is not a wise ideal, and even if that person is on the same medication, do not share.          

Most pharmacies do calibrate when you are due for your next refill, resulting in, missed dosages and you are lessening your prescription(s) to be refilled by days…          

Autumn season is now here, however, trying to get your heart, mind, and body in the condition for feel your best, and by all means, exercise, it is such a beautiful benefit to anyone’s vitality.

Make sure if you are seeing a Cardiologist, you need to stay well aware of your EKGs, to get a Stress Test, and an Echocardiogram, or if you have stents, or a pacemaker, make those apportionment and please keep it!          

Nutrients and Minerals to Control Blood Pressure

Potassium          
Food with potassium is best for high blood pressure. As per a study, potassium can reduce high blood pressure levels. You can take it through food or supplements. Potassium helps blood vessels to relax and promotes sodium excretion through urine.          
Magnesium        
Studies show that magnesium increases the production of “nitric oxide”, a molecule that helps relax blood vessels.          
Vitamin D        
People with hypertension lack vitamin D. Therefore, foods containing vitamin D can reduce the risk of high blood pressure.          
L-Arginine          
It is an amino acid supplement that improves blood vessel function. As a result, it eases blood flow and reduces hypertension.          
Vitamin C        
Vitamin C-rich foods include citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables and some supplements. People with optimum levels of vitamin C show less risk of high blood pressure.          
Probiotics          
You can generally find probiotics from yoghurt. They are beneficial bacteria that have many health benefits. For example, one of their health benefits is lowering blood pressure.          
Melatonin        
If you have high blood pressure levels, you find sleeping difficult. Lack of melatonin aggravates this issue. So, supplements containing melatonin can lower blood pressure levels.          

Make sure you check with your physician, before taking any vitamins supplements just in case it interferes with other medications, allergies, or for a medical condition, whereas, any nutrient supplements will most likely not be beneficial, and I expressed that moreso, with melatonin.          

And that is your medical summary to the road for a healthier and vibrant you before the Autumn Grand Rising's          

Love and Hugs, always
SKC, interim DON, APRN      

Farther reading information          
https://www.verywellhealth.com/is-grilled-meat-a-cancer-risk-514039

🤎

Live Saturday Night Ladies Night Out.. (Blog Shot)

Go to page:
Go to: