trophy

Go to page:

Guess When It All Ends

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Still keeping an eye on this comp, even though it's closed--we're presently down to 8 total, on the abandoned list, including both the five in voting and the 3 left to go, once some spots clear to put those up.  We're getting there!  :)

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Update:  still watching this comp, as of right now, we have 5 in voting, with 3 left to go.  Of note--we had another comp drop to the abandoned list, after this comp ended, so I won't count that one in choosing the winner for this one, so technically, there's 2 more to go to vote after the 5, for the purposes of closing this one out.  Stay tuned, and get voting!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Ok, we're getting there--5 in voting, two left to go, but only one of those two counts for this comp, so that's 6 total until a winner is chosen for this comp!

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2643

It appears we constantly have abandoned comps. sigh ML thank you for keeping up on it all :)

PsychicApocalypse
Darker Half
Dangerous Mind
Belize 30awards
Joined 5th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1483

31st Oct

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Update : once the 5 comps in voting right now, get closed up, we'll get a winner for this comp! Yay!

There are 2 more comps still on the abandoned list, but they don't count for a winner here, so we're getting there!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Update: 4 comps left to close, then this one gets a winner! With the exception of the "Rumi" comp in voting, as soon as the other 4 are finished, then this comp will finish as well
Go vote! 😀

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Latest update:  3 left to go!  Once the following competitions have been closed out by vote, we'll get a winner for this one:  "Secrets","Short Poem" and "Adult/Forbidden Fruit"

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Hey! We're almost done ! 2 comps left in voting and as soon as they're closed up, I'll declare a winner for this one --yay!!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

One Comp left to vote!!!!!  

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Now the abandoned competition backlog is gone, competition hosts will see an option to "Request Public Vote" as an alternative to choosing a winner them self when their competitions end. Enjoy

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Yay--our voting list is clear and congrats to FatherMadness for guessing the closest date to our list-clearing endeavor !

Thanks Webmiss for the info and options for future voting and thanks to all who cast their votes on all the abandoned comps and in this comp!

There's one more comp that did drop on the abandoned list this week, but we're waiting to see if the host closes it up or if we need to vote it closed, but for now, that's all folks !

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14458

no to be a killjoy or nuthin' but if people start comps and fuck off can we send a team led by John Rot to take them out in their houses ...some water boarding, finished with one in the head and two in the chest

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

lepperochan said:no to be a killjoy or nuthin' but if people start comps and fuck off can we send a team led by John Rot to take them out in their houses ...some water boarding, finished with one in the head and two in the chest

I do understand that every situation is different, and there are valid reasons why some can't finish out a comp, due to whatever life throws at them--those, to me, are not in the wrong, as it's not a habit that some people start comps and have to bail.  But....the serial abandoners, i.e., the ones who start a bunch of comps then deactivate their accounts and leave the site for months, then come back and do it again, I think should have some sort of flagging system that takes away their ability to start anymore comps, once they reach, say, 3 abandoned ones.  3 strikes, you're out, sort of thing, where you get 3 chances to finish out your comps, and if you end up with 3 abandoned ones in a row, then you are unable to start anymore--have some sort of block on that function.  

Then, it would be up for review by the Webmiss, whether or not to allow the block to be deactivated, based on the member--sometimes comps end up on the abandoned list just because the host is waiting for guest judges to give their input, so those members could be exempt.  

Just my thoughts!

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

I never thought I'd see the day that backlog cleared up. And ML, change that to 'flogging system' and your on to a winner...

Go to page:
Go to: