Page:

Tortured horror

elise0622
Jinx
Lost Thinker
Joined 23rd Sep 2016
Forum Posts: 29

I've been thinking about writing torture horror stories but every time I sit down to write one the ideas disappear from my mind or i'm simply unable to write can someone please help me. All i basically need are tips and ideas please and thank you.

PsycoticMastermind
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 209

elise0622 said:I've been thinking about writing torture horror stories but every time I sit down to write one the ideas disappear from my mind or i'm simply unable to write can someone please help me. All i basically need are tips and ideas please and thank you.

I suggest you first try your hand at writing a horror poem. Start small and see if you actually have the stamina to tackle larger projects. All that He said She replied  stuff can be very taxing.

Writing poetry will also force you to become a better prose writer - using words more efficiently, choosing them wisely and such.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/9405/

Use the rules of the above competition thread as a means to start brainstorming ideas.

elise0622
Jinx
Lost Thinker
Joined 23rd Sep 2016
Forum Posts: 29

thanx for the advice

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

If the ideas disappear from your head every time you sit down to write 'torture horror stories', I would suggest either (a) carry a notebook around with you so you can write down useful ideas, words or phrases as they occur to you, OR (b) think of a different subject to write about, e.g: people, love, nature, politics, life, etc, etc.

Nicoleslays1116
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 28th Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 3

What exactly is that?

MisanthropicShynes
MisanthropicShyness
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 17th Sep 2017
Forum Posts: 19

I would definitely carry a notebook so you can write ideas down as soon as you get them. Also you could feel inspiration by watching films like that.

Zed_Cuda
Strange Creature
Joined 7th Dec 2017
Forum Posts: 3

I use evernote, a pc and mobile app synced together. I find that i get ideas, randomly, it could be a groovy phrase or something else, and most of the time those seemingly unconnected ideas merge into a single poem...

Thatgirlxo
Strange Creature
Joined 16th Apr 2018
Forum Posts: 2

I like to take inspiration from nightmares. Just have to work hard on remembering small details of them.

vagabondvibes
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 12th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 11

I often get inspiration by listening to some music in the same genre. I often watch movies as well. I have very surreal nightmares from my medications as well, so I keep a dream journal and look back in it for inspiration (not just for dark stuff either, its a great thing to take from for surrealist poems and stories as well).

AnestassiaErd
Strange Creature
Joined 3rd Nov 2019
Forum Posts: 2

I would suggest researching medieval torture methods and their reasons for said devices, That might inspire you.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

I vistually carry a note book everwhere I go - my failing memory makes that essential.

writing about torture takes a certain mindset and originality is difficult. I have been a fan of horror movies since I was 13. I have watched thousands of horror movies good, bad and disturbing. Umless you are an evil person with evil thoughts, steep yourself in that genre, movies and books.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

I bought me an Olympus Digital Recorder
because often my ideas come to me while driving or other times where i need to record
Hands-Free

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Page:
Go to: