Page:

Help?

IncorrigibleGirl21
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 24th Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 5

I haven't written anything in a good amount of time and I'm finding it hard to get back to it. Nothing inspires me. I have tried looking at art, listening to music, listening to spoken word, watching inspirational videos but..na da so if anyone has any suggestions or ideas to share please do. When I did write for this site (about four years ago) I wrote mainly erotica, ff short stories, and life poems but I lost my muse and no longer feel connection to anyone to even spark something. le sigh*

NaughtyNurse23
Strange Creature
Joined 28th Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 2

You just have to sit down some place comfortably and let your brain be free and blank and soon the juices will arise instantaneously!

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2597

I like the short threads (10W, 20W, 140 or less, 12345 and 353. I use the last word of the previous post, it's been good as a kick starter, the pieces themselves aren't much to write home about but forcing myself to just fucking write something and having a starting point has kicked the muse in the ass and woken her up, at least occasionally.  At worst you have some crappy short pieces, at best you entice your muse to come out an play, either way, entertainment for your fellow poets 😎

Edit: Lmao, just saw you hit the 353 already, good on ya!

IncorrigibleGirl21
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 24th Aug 2016
Forum Posts: 5

Thanks guys! I'm trying. Maybe some magic will flow soon.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Try rewriting some old pieces from a different perspective ... If you have an upbeat piece,  write it dark.  A dark observation, make it a humorous piece ... Write a continuation. of an erotica piece you have ...

Read the dictionary and write short blurbs or haiku centered around newly discovered words ...

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Pretend you are someone else.

I hear that works for a few people around here.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6690

JohnnyBlaze said:Pretend you are someone else.
I hear that works for a few people around here.

I think you mean: pretend you are someone else who can write really well. It is rather easy to be someone else, the difficulty is being someone better.

Back on topic, if an abundance of inspiring art does not do the trick, then just do something utterly un-arty. Take a walk, watch a movie, clean out the refrigerator, just anything that isn't so much geared towards thrusting inspiration upon you. Inspiration is like ninjas and psychopaths: you never when they'll hit you.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

My advice:  Don't force it.  It will come when it's ready, even if it takes a good long time.  Try pursuing other interests and hobbies, and in doing that, maybe it will spark a write.  You could also try writing Haiku, where you're forced to stay within the boundaries of the 5-7-5 syllable set up--sometimes that helps me to get going again, by having to deliberately write something to fit in a "box" if you will.  Good luck!

poet Anonymous

I agree with Trix, the short comps in the forums are good as far as getting you to write something, anything. And also with MadameL, do not force it. Sounds like you are doing all the right things; give it freedom and it will flow again.

Page:
Go to: