Go to page:

Looking for poets who have the need to perfect their craft.

LaKu
Lost Thinker
Greece
Joined 6th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 23

Hey, I am was in a terrible and long writers block and I was looking for a way out, this might be the perfect chance count me in! I need to work on something fast!!!

therosiehart
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 3rd May 2016
Forum Posts: 2

I totally need some help, especially with spelling/grammar mistakes and the "flow" of my writings.

poet Anonymous

I need too a spell check, not native english speaker, and there are very little poems i wish to check. Anybody?

RebelePhoenix
Rebel Phoenix
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 3rd Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 93

I'm down

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

..cheer up, Lady. you'll be back up in no time

RebelePhoenix
Rebel Phoenix
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 3rd Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 93

I love a nice helping of hilarious sarcasm in the morning... Makes the day go better!!! 😁😁  
I suppose I should have replied, I am highly interested in this??

Theblackpoet
Strange Creature
Joined 9th Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 4

I'm interested in perfecting my craft

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

I'm sorry to be the one breaking the bad news, but the dude who started the thread 444 days ago was last on DU 402 days ago... that means he's most likely been abducted and anal probed by aliens... and probably won't be coming back to DU to help you all become better poets.

My suggestion to the poets who think they "need to perfect their craft", go buy some booze and drugs, or perhaps some tissues and vaseline for those erotic poets, and go learn to write poetry the hard way, by writing poems, enter comps and post your poetry on DU.  Read the damn fine poetry you can find here on DU, someone you admire.

If you just want to write poetry because it makes you feel good and are satisfied to hopefully improve along the way, then you can also do it the hard way, as I mentioned above, but without the booze, drugs and the vaseline.  Keep the tissues handy though, sometimes poets cry.

KDAmB
Tyrant of Words
Australia 13awards
Joined 5th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 6358

case28 said:I'm sorry to be the one breaking the bad news, but the dude who started the thread 444 days ago was last on DU 402 days ago... that means he's most likely been abducted and anal probed by aliens... and probably won't be coming back to DU to help you all become better poets.

My suggestion to the poets who think they "need to perfect their craft", go buy some booze and drugs, or perhaps some tissues and vaseline for those erotic poets, and go learn to write poetry the hard way, by writing poems, enter comps and post your poetry on DU.  Read the damn fine poetry you can find here on DU, someone you admire.

If you just want to write poetry because it makes you feel good and are satisfied to hopefully improve along the way, then you can also do it the hard way, as I mentioned above, but without the booze, drugs and the vaseline.  Keep the tissues handy though, sometimes poets cry.

Good suggestion Case!

OctoberBVBdarklove
peppergrinder
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 3rd Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 14

I would love some help!!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

OctoberBVBdarklove said:I would love somitse help!!

We have a critique me thread in the speakeasy and workshop called the critique series.

Zed_Cuda
Strange Creature
Joined 7th Dec 2017
Forum Posts: 3

Not too late am i?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

If you are serious about improving your craft, we invite you to join Honestly Crafted Critique at the below link:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/honestly-crafted-critique/discussion/

Thank you.

slipalong
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 41awards
Joined 1st Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 822

my first piece was a four line poem and I had to hone that

Joshuaberry
Ancestor
Fire of Insight
Nigeria 2awards
Joined 18th Aug 2017
Forum Posts: 231

I think the way to perfect ones craft is to keep writing. Shakespeare had no teacher but kept writing. The first poet ever had no teacher but perfected his work by writting continually.

And reading other renowned poets works. This has helped me for the past year.

Just a thought though....

Go to page:
Go to: