Go to page:

Looking for poets who have the need to perfect their craft.

poet
Invictuskidd
Strange Creature
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 12

I want to find other writers who are serious about wanting to improve and help others improve.
If you would be interested in being part of a group of writers.
Who trade honest and thorough commentary on each others work.
Please contact me.

poet
AIJoe
Aondokator
Twisted Dreamer
Nigeria
Joined 23rd Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 36

I'm in.

poet
lyricalmiss
Thought Provoker
Bahamas
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 23

Sounds great...im in as well !!

poet Anonymous

...sounds like a poetic elitist coup to me!

The problem with this idea is the use of the word "serious".

poet
lepperochan
Craic-in-a-box
Tyrant of Words
63awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 11959

good people, you are already part of a group of writers who would like to up their game and help others up their game.

you don't need permission, just go ahead and get cracking. have a look at some of the old workshop threads, you should find some really good pointers and opinions on giving
feedback and critique in an honest non-abusive way, seek out those who know their shit and ask for help, most don't bite  ...dunno about that Case fellow though

one of the possible actions which can be preformed on this site is if you click on a poets profile you can click on 'comments made' by the poet. so essentially you can read their critiques without even bothering them. I must confess to have done that a lot and totally recommend it

on that note, there seems to be a bit of a contradiction going on here

anyhow, best o luck with the endevours  

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/workshop/read/692/

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/workshop/read/5401/

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/workshop/read/3000/

poet
hellbound
Hellbound-Clandestine
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 19th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 18

t started writing this month and need some  guidelines on structure, find my self just continuely writeing and then back to break it up any universal format?

poet
lepperochan
Craic-in-a-box
Tyrant of Words
63awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 11959

I don't think there is a universal format. people get creative about how they format their stuff

I couldn't spell for shit when I joined, spell check is handy enough to get used to.

best thing I found to do was check out lots of other people's stuff and see what kinda techniques were being used

poet
LobodeSanPedro
Guardian of Shadows
Sierra Leone
106awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3116

hellbound said:t started writing this month and need some  guidelines on structure, find my self just continuely writeing and then back to break it up any universal format?

Read ... Read ... Read ...

It's frustrating in that the more I read - I find the more I don't know ...

Look at the work of others here as well as the work of classic and contemporary poets/writers ... since joining this site my library is now filled with poetry books, some of which I've gotten for as cheapl as a $1.00 at libraries or used book bins ...

Don't be afraid to make mistakes in your writing, take the critique and rework your ink

poet
HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States
32awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1505

I agree with Lobo. Writing is like anything else.  Practice! The more you do it the better you get with it. Just like playing an instrument.

poet
highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 428

I need a person who is not afraid to kick my ass when it comes to writing. The kind of person that looks for errors for fun...Open invitation to critic my work

poet Anonymous

highwaytohell said:I need a person who is not afraid to kick my ass when it comes to writing. The kind of person that looks for errors for fun...Open invitation to critic my work

*Spelling should be 'critique'
*No capital letter needed on 'open'
*Full stop after 'work'

This is writing lesson number one. Read what you submit. Let the ass kicking commence.

poet
highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 428

You promise...I just posted a spiritual poem

poet Anonymous

highwaytohell said:You promise...I just posted a spiritual poem

I'll rip it a new eye tomorrow when I'm on the laptop. I can't provide adequate critique on a phone without getting frustrated flipping between pages.

poet
OxyMoronicMe
G.L. Emz
Dangerous Mind
Philippines
19awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 1415

Hahha. Wish someone would critique my works too. (Proofread)
My spelling sucks and my verb agreement worse.

poet
Phoenix_Risen
Thought Provoker
United States
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 94

I was on another poetry site a while back and those folks had no problem shredding everything I posted. The funny thing was the stuff their super scholars were writing was total nonsense. Or maybe I was to stupid to appreciate their talents. I bailed out of there after a month. So much better here at DU!

Go to page:
Go to: