Go to page:

How much do you edit your work before you post it?

Ljdynamic
Dangerous Mind
United States 13awards
Joined 18th Aug 2017
Forum Posts: 253

I edit until it feels like it's fire then I hit that submit.

robert43041
Viking
Tyrant of Words
Canada 43awards
Joined 30th July 2020
Forum Posts: 918

With respect:    ......until it is (fine)  or (fire)?

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

Ljdynamic said:I edit until it feels like it's fire then I hit that submit.

Forum comment of the year 🏆

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

BundleSlangah916
Bundle Slangah
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 16th Dec 2021
Forum Posts: 2

Yooou feeel me

BundleSlangah916
Bundle Slangah
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 16th Dec 2021
Forum Posts: 2

Fsho fire

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Eerie said:

Forum comment of the year 🏆

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Agreed!

Ljdynamic said:I edit until it feels like it's fire then I hit that

( fun with quotes )

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
robert43041
Viking
Tyrant of Words
Canada 43awards
Joined 30th July 2020
Forum Posts: 918

Trop drôle.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
javalini
Fire of Insight
United States 15awards
Joined 4th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 201

"He said, 'I like this song you wrote called Hallelujah.' In fact, he started doing it in concert. He said, 'How long did that take you to write?' And I said, 'Oh, the best part of two years.' He said, 'Two years?' Kinda shocked. And then we started talking about a song of his called I And I from Infidels. I said, 'How long did you take to write that.' He said, 'Ohh, 15 minutes.' I almost fell off my chair. Bob just laughed." From an article quoting Leonard Cohen

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

javalini said:"He said, 'I like this song you wrote called Hallelujah.' In fact, he started doing it in concert. He said, 'How long did that take you to write?' And I said, 'Oh, the best part of two years.' He said, 'Two years?' Kinda shocked. And then we started talking about a song of his called I And I from Infidels. I said, 'How long did you take to write that.' He said, 'Ohh, 15 minutes.' I almost fell off my chair. Bob just laughed." From an article quoting Leonard Cohen

Some people have that gift.

I have like 15 poems out of 1500 or so at DUP that remain barely edited.

Kou_Indigo
Kara L. Pythiana-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 68awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2784

When I am writing my various works, I always try my best to take care of any and all evident spelling errors as soon as they come up, way before the work is ever complete... and I never put anything down that I did not intend to be there. In each case, there is something in my mind or heart that I envision sharing in a written form, whether it be a past-life memory, a philosophical or even spiritual idea or concept... or sometimes just something I feel passionately about. The biggest task for me, is always to make certain that when all is said and done, what is written by my hand matches what I wished to convey to begin with. In the case of dedication poems, or writings about things such as love, I tend to have very strong emotions that are a part of the work and which I always make sure come through in a meaningful manner. But all in all, whenever a written work of mine is complete, I typically do not find all that much left over to edit. Usually just small, exceedingly minor things if any. And those I typically take care of just once with a quick "ninja edit" before anyone can really notice that there were any mistakes at all. :)

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

I never stop editing...
Just this week, I edited like 20 times before I hit the submit
The damn words landed bumping all over the place.
I edited over and over again. Even changed the title and opening line. I think it was a total of 69 edits.

It was riding the page like a surf board. We were having a Amber Heard relationship.

It's one I haven't had to edit too much yet. But I'm sure I'll read it one day and give it a clean up.

"Editing is the Poets Cocain"

;)

LaBrujaOscura_75
Camilla Beatriz Flores
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 4th June 2022
Forum Posts: 47

I edit as much as I need to! I am kind of picky about how I do my poetry, so for me it all got to be just right.

Indie
Miss Indie
Tyrant of Words
Australia 34awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 3209

I write and post with almost no editing. I'll usually give a once over for glaring errors but odds are I'll pick up errors later on or someone else will pick them up for me.

Go to page:
Go to: