Go to page:

How much do you edit your work before you post it?

Ljdynamic
Ljdynamic
Fire of Insight
United States
9awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 18th Aug 2017
Forum Posts: 172

I edit until it feels like it's fire then I hit that submit.

robert43041
robert43041
Viking
Tyrant of Words
Canada
24awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th July 2020
Forum Posts: 404

With respect:    ......until it is (fine)  or (fire)?

Eerie
Eerie
Dangerous Mind
13awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 751

Ljdynamic said:I edit until it feels like it's fire then I hit that submit.

Forum comment of the year 🏆

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

BundleSlangah916
BundleSlangah916
Bundle Slangah
Strange Creature
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 16th Dec 2021
Forum Posts: 2

Yooou feeel me

BundleSlangah916
BundleSlangah916
Bundle Slangah
Strange Creature
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 16th Dec 2021
Forum Posts: 2

Fsho fire

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Eerie said:

Forum comment of the year 🏆

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Agreed!

Ljdynamic said:I edit until it feels like it's fire then I hit that

( fun with quotes )

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
robert43041
robert43041
Viking
Tyrant of Words
Canada
24awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 30th July 2020
Forum Posts: 404

Trop drôle.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
javalini
javalini
Fire of Insight
United States
9awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 4th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 127

"He said, 'I like this song you wrote called Hallelujah.' In fact, he started doing it in concert. He said, 'How long did that take you to write?' And I said, 'Oh, the best part of two years.' He said, 'Two years?' Kinda shocked. And then we started talking about a song of his called I And I from Infidels. I said, 'How long did you take to write that.' He said, 'Ohh, 15 minutes.' I almost fell off my chair. Bob just laughed." From an article quoting Leonard Cohen

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

javalini said:"He said, 'I like this song you wrote called Hallelujah.' In fact, he started doing it in concert. He said, 'How long did that take you to write?' And I said, 'Oh, the best part of two years.' He said, 'Two years?' Kinda shocked. And then we started talking about a song of his called I And I from Infidels. I said, 'How long did you take to write that.' He said, 'Ohh, 15 minutes.' I almost fell off my chair. Bob just laughed." From an article quoting Leonard Cohen

Some people have that gift.

I have like 15 poems out of 1500 or so at DUP that remain barely edited.

Kou_Indigo
Kou_Indigo
Kara Lucielle Pythiana
Dangerous Mind
United States
62awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2581

When I am writing my various works, I always try my best to take care of any and all evident spelling errors as soon as they come up, way before the work is ever complete... and I never put anything down that I did not intend to be there. In each case, there is something in my mind or heart that I envision sharing in a written form, whether it be a past-life memory, a philosophical or even spiritual idea or concept... or sometimes just something I feel passionately about. The biggest task for me, is always to make certain that when all is said and done, what is written by my hand matches what I wished to convey to begin with. In the case of dedication poems, or writings about things such as love, I tend to have very strong emotions that are a part of the work and which I always make sure come through in a meaningful manner. But all in all, whenever a written work of mine is complete, I typically do not find all that much left over to edit. Usually just small, exceedingly minor things if any. And those I typically take care of just once with a quick "ninja edit" before anyone can really notice that there were any mistakes at all. :)

RevolutionAL
RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa
27awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1221

I never stop editing...
Just this week, I edited like 20 times before I hit the submit
The damn words landed bumping all over the place.
I edited over and over again. Even changed the title and opening line. I think it was a total of 69 edits.

It was riding the page like a surf board. We were having a Amber Heard relationship.

It's one I haven't had to edit too much yet. But I'm sure I'll read it one day and give it a clean up.

"Editing is the Poets Cocain"

;)

Go to page:
Go to: