Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 449

I wish I could but my poems are like my children. I just can't do it

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5289

clewluss said:Are you a successful poet?  

Have you achieved a sense of satisfaction?  

Then why not consider putting a poem out there, for others to claim as their own, for those of us who really cannot write good work, like yourself.

Help others feel the same satisfaction and joy you get from the compliments and awards you  receive from your readers and listeners.

I am asking Successful poets, who have had more than enough for themselves.

Like giving those extra or outgrown clothes to Goodwill, here is your opportunity to cast off a poem and make it available to the world of less fortunate writers.

This act of giving, will allow yourself to experience new, unique joys you may not have even known existed.

All great and established poets, I call on you from the farthest reaches of Australia, Britain, Spain, even the United States.

I will guarantee you will find your donation very rewarding.

Donate a Poem, Today!

how did i miss this...what a cracker of an idea...the whole thread...

butters
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 17th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 868

if i got plaudits for a piece i hadn't written (but the readers thought i had), how would that give me any true satisfaction??? i don't get it. I'D know, so it'd all ring hollow anyways. if anything, it'd reinforce a lack of confidence in my own writing!

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

cold_fusion said:

how did i miss this...what a cracker of an idea...the whole thread...

I felt like a cracked up lunatic myself, just two days ago. If only I wasn't learning how to be a boiling frog.

I'm surprised a little.... but... No! The answer is firmly a no.

I'm gonna have to say when I was a kid I would have said yes. Because I did about pictures I drew. I let my friend sign a few of them, but then I lost the friend to jealousy anyway (not my opinion)

It won't make a fake poet happy, I don't think.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

butters said:if i got plaudits for a piece i hadn't written (but the readers thought i had), how would that give me any true satisfaction??? i don't get it. I'D know, so it'd all ring hollow anyways. if anything, it'd reinforce a lack of confidence in my own writing!

Absolutely, I agree.

Go to page:
Go to: