Go to page:

its happining

TLIFD
Rope
Thought Provoker
2awards
Joined 17th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 232

I have been here a while ,as a member of Dup,since early 2011 and I find myself wondering constantly that people(users of dup) are more inclined to comment if they see a picture of the writer ,I find that many more people are more likely to comment if the person is attractive.

I want to know ,how you feel about this.
Think anything can be done about this?

Forgive the generalisation.

Dimedrone
Strange Creature
Kenya
Joined 17th Jan 2014
Forum Posts: 3

hehe....nice thoughts bro..just discovered that more of my poems are read when  I just uploaded my profile pic...

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Not something I have seen (and I see a lot)  There are many many writers who do not have profile pics of themselves that receive a lot of views and comments.

Your comments average 1.8 a week in the time you have been here (I don't mean that in a derogatory manner)  On the most part, those that receive a lot of comments are usually very active in their own commenting, whether that be quality comments or otherwise.  Check out their stats.

thoughtjotter1
R. T.
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 2nd Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 48

Do you think I should try makeup?

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16206

I don't think so R.T....you look beautiful as is.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

thoughtjotter1 said:Do you think I should try makeup?

Maybe remove the shades and flutter those eyelashes.  

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

Magdalena said:[quote-258008-thoughtjotter1]Do you think I should try makeup?

Maybe remove the shades and flutter those eyelashes.  [/quote]

Remove the T-shirt and beer-belly as well...

TLIFD
Rope
Thought Provoker
2awards
Joined 17th Dec 2011

Dimedrone said:hehe....nice thoughts bro..just discovered that more of my poems are read when  I just uploaded my profile pic...

Lol that's why I removed mine

TLIFD
Rope
Thought Provoker
2awards
Joined 17th Dec 2011

Magdalena said:Not something I have seen (and I see a lot)  There are many many writers who do not have profile pics of themselves that receive a lot of views and comments.

Your comments average 1.8 a week in the time you have been here (I don't mean that in a derogatory manner)  On the most part, those that receive a lot of comments are usually very active in their own commenting, whether that be quality comments or otherwise.  Check out their stats.

Never knew their was a stat checker ,my bad
Yeah I haven't been on here for a year or so
Just recently found the time ,to get active again

TLIFD
Rope
Thought Provoker
2awards
Joined 17th Dec 2011

Well I guess I should have given this more thought.
Just keep your eyes open O.O

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

TLIFD said:[quote-258005-Magdalena]Not something I have seen (and I see a lot)  There are many many writers who do not have profile pics of themselves that receive a lot of views and comments.

Never knew their was a stat checker ,my bad
Yeah I haven't been on here for a year or so
Just recently found the time ,to get active again [/quote]

It's about time to get active again...

You've been a member for 831 days but only submitted 86 poems, commented 261 times, and posted 184 times in forums.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

Damn!  No wonder why hardly anyone comments.  

poet Anonymous

I genuinely don't take into account a person's profile picture. It's not to say that the person in the profile picture is necessarily that person in real life anyway, you can be just about whoever you want to be on the internet these days. I tend to read people more that enter competitions, or I can see are active members of the site. It saddens me the amount of PM's I get that say "Hey is that picture you?" when it's blatently an avatar. I block them straight away. These are people that are not here for the right reasons...

poet Anonymous

I was a bit bored and nosing through some of the old forums from back in the day... but this thread kinda piqued my interest because I wonder if the attitudes to this has changed at all. Although I was the last person to post back in 2014 😂

There does seem to be less and less people with actual pictures of themselves. Not to say that people that have avatars are bad (because I clearly have one) but do you think people are more cautious these days?

Have people just learned the internet a bit more?

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

"Have people just learned the internet a bit more?"

Yes , on many levels I believe there is more caution considered...

Yet , that is not why I do it...

I utilize the *avatar* I do , because of what I teach ,
and it has deep meaning to me , by shape and number value...

After you have had experiences with online trolls , as we
used to call them back in the day , some chose *masks*...;)

Go to page:
Go to: