Go to page:

Your Reading List.....opinions?

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1742

I'm interested in the RLs of other DUP poets because (1).it tells me something about them, and (2).I get prompted to read DUP poets I would not otherwise come across.
I RL others to encourage them; this includes new members as well as 'old friends' I admire.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5737

Josh said:I'm interested in the RLs of other DUP poets because (1).it tells me something about them, and (2).I get prompted to read DUP poets I would not otherwise come across.
I RL others to encourage them; this includes new members as well as 'old friends' I admire.

Exactly right. If there’s a writer I find particularly inspiring, I like to check out their recommendations to find other writers I might not have heard of that might be of similar taste.

Though my RL these days is usually for poems I just found touched me in some way.

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1368

I love looking at reading lists of other people. It helps me find gems that I may never have come across on my own.

What do I use my reading list for? Well, it's basically a book shelf for me. Things I want to come back to. Things I want to hold close. It's also a way that I show the author that they've done something special. or funny. or piercing. or any number of things. maybe my reading list is more like the shoe box that's too good to throw away, so you start putting all the special things in it and keep it handy under your bed. (in a totally not sexual way here people!)

I usually leave comments, sometimes I don't. It doesn't bother me one bit if people RL a piece of mine without leaving comments. It used to. I used to think "come on! just give me a little hit of adoration!" but now, i guess it's nice to know that someone thinks it is good enough to do something other than read and walk away. they obviously want me to know that they were there. And that's good enough for me!

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

love that attitude grace ❤️

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1368

anna_grin said:love that attitude grace ❤️

thanks! i feel like it gives grace to the reader and to myself. i don't have to be worried what they thought. they don't have to worry about trying to come up with something to say. it's enough to know they were there.

it's a win win for everyone involved.

Go to page:
Go to: