Go to page:

Your Reading List.....opinions?

poet Anonymous

Ahhh can I just say I’ve enjoyed re-reading this thread from the ark. Some class fkn people on that first page. Much love 💕

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 771

Ahavati said:Let me shed some light from a different perspective, Cabcool.  There are certain authors here that I have a spiritual connection with, i.e. - Uma, nomoth, yourself, Rob, and a few more. More often than not I RL their work as an indication that I connected with it. But if you've ever read some of these writers, then you'd know that sometimes their writing is so spiritual it affords no words; or, rather, perhaps words would lesson the meaning of the feeling, or connection with the poem.

I hope that made sense. That's how I feel when the aforementioned RL my work without commenting, anyway. Also, some are not eloquent at commenting. I had a message last week from someone saying they wished they could comment as gracefully as I seem to. I told them just to express what was in their own heart and not worry about what anyone else would think.

But, I do agree with you in regards to the continual RL's without any comments. While an RL is an honor, periodic comments should be offered, if nothing but to say how it made one feel.

Thanks for your feedback, Ahavati.  What I have stated applies to you IN THE LEAST!  You are currently my most loyal encourager.  Please note what I said in my closing paragraph:

cabcool said:When a person has habitually commented on my work, it does not really matter, however, that they add a poem or two to their collection when they cannot find the time to comment.  I take this as understood, because I know they are already among my encouragers.

This is what applies to you, and for which I have made provision in my statement.  I take this opportunity to thank you for being there always; I have hardly posted a poem to which you have not given feedback -- positive feedback at that.  I am deeply grateful.

I must explain that there have been only two persons -- and one, especially -- who have habitually added my work to their collection (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 pieces) without comment.  One fine day, when things seemed to have overflowed, the "especial" person commented on a piece and I felt relieved.

I delight in the spiritual connection you acknowledge between us.  Thank you.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

cabcool said:

This is what applies to you, and for which I have made provision in my statement.  I take this opportunity to thank you for being there always; I have hardly posted a poem to which you have not given feedback -- positive feedback at that.  I am deeply grateful.

I must explain that there have been only two persons -- and one, especially -- who have habitually added my work to their collection (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 pieces) without comment.  One fine day, when things seemed to have overflowed, the "especial" person commented on a piece and I felt relieved.

I delight in the spiritual connection you acknowledge between us.  Thank you.

Hey Cab!

I didn't think you were referring to me in the least.  I just wanted to offer an alternative insight to why many may not be commenting.

😊📝

AspergerPoet56
Tyrant of Words
Scotland 30awards
Joined 4th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 1874

I have to say im one of the guilty ones who adds poems to RL without a comment. I should reply to comments more too. Its not that dont appreciate . Its just possible ive used up all brain energy in writing deliberating when or if i should post etc .
My Autistic bag will try to do better

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

Balance, AP.  There's a time to give and a time to receive. That's why you don't see me posting everyday. Some are for giving to others.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

I'm just thankful I can RL these days. I always had a hell of a time earning slots until Webmiss worked some algorithm magic last year.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

Ahavati said:

Hey Cab!

I didn't think you were referring to me in the least.  I just wanted to offer an alternative insight to why many may not be commenting.

😊📝

Aw, let me be gracious, Ahavati.  Thank you for offering a different perspective.  I really had not considered that angle.  Thanks for broadening my mind as to covert motives versus noble intentions.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

JohnnyBlaze said:I'm just thankful I can RL these days. I always had a hell of a time earning slots until Webmiss worked some algorithm magic last year.

Looks like there are secrets I should like to learn here, because my "insight fire" has waxed old -- if not cold.  I need to earn slots.  I need algorithms.

RhymeOrReason
Strange Creature
Australia 1awards
Joined 21st Nov 2020
Forum Posts: 13

I will snoop at your reading list just on this comment alone.

My reading list is out of loyalty. From members who have reached out, made me feel welcome I still like their poems, however, being new here (7days young) I haven't had an opportunity to explore. I am very eager to be moved!! Xx

RhymeOrReason
Strange Creature
Australia 1awards
Joined 21st Nov 2020

case28 said:

I think that sums it up for me perfectly... except the bit about rooting.

RhymeOrReason
Strange Creature
Australia 1awards
Joined 21st Nov 2020

Rooting is fun!!!

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

i use my reading lists as a bookmark. i may love many of a poets poems but i tend to pick one that screams the loudest or whispers the most seductively to me and that’s then a portal to my other bookshelf - the poet’s archives - and it is a showcase of my influences and also a recommendation list for anyone passing by

to imagine a poet is not a consummate and habitual performer is to me quite laughable and the idea that the public reading list is a private bookshelf i feel is a misunderstanding of your influence on the world

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 235

Like others have said already my reading list is like a bookshelf. I put poems on my reading list when I want to go back to them.

Which reminds me, I should probably tidy up. How do I delete poems from my reading list?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Noble_Incubus said:Like others have said already my reading list is like a bookshelf. I put poems on my reading list when I want to go back to them.

Which reminds me, I should probably tidy up. How do I delete poems from my reading list?

You hit the same RL button to de-list them.

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 235

Thanks mate! 👍

Go to page:
Go to: