Page:

Help with organizing poems

Songbird83
Steven W.
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 30th Dec 2022
Forum Posts: 15

I have my entire work on another site, and they are organized into folders by topic/theme. I'm trying to decide if I want to put them into folders, but treat them like they were part of a collection, much like a music CD. Since all I write are song style lyrics, I thought it might add more of a musical feel by doing that. Let me know if that might be a good idea for me to do or if I'm just being crazy.

Razzerleaf
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 26awards
Joined 15th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 487

That sounds logical to me, have you converted any of your poems into songs ? because it could be cool to have one as a song with a subset of poems that relate in some way

Songbird83
Steven W.
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 30th Dec 2022

Unfortunately,  I lack the instrumental skills to fully convert my lyrics to songs. I was just wanting to group them into what you would see on an album so they would be like the tracks on the album.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Songbird83 said:Unfortunately,  I lack the instrumental skills to fully convert my lyrics to songs. I was just wanting to group them into what you would see on an album so they would be like the tracks on the album.

One way to group an album of song lyrics is to post the album onto one post:

Use the name of your album as the title of the post, then post your lyrics under each other (leaving an appropriate space) naming the title of the songs above corresponding lyrics

Razzerleaf
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 26awards
Joined 15th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 487

Lepperochan has the best idea plus you you can add the albumn art work to add another dimension maybe spoken word for one track, I like it

Songbird83
Steven W.
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 30th Dec 2022

That's actually a really good idea. Thanks lepperochan.

Songbird83
Steven W.
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 30th Dec 2022

I have been thinking if getting into spoken word for my lyrics.  Thanks for mentioning that razzerleaf.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Page:
Go to: