Go to page:

Punctuation Workshop

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Okay, after that wonderfully informative post, I'm warming up to the Ampersand.

( but I still cringe when I see replacing most and's in poetry )

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

JohnnyBlaze said:Okay, after that wonderfully informative post, I'm warming up to the Ampersand.

( but I still cringe when I see replacing most and's in poetry )

WooHoo!
https://www.ampersand-food.com/about-us

AnonymousBystander
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 3awards
Joined 28th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 226

Hi ... pedantic point ... you mis-spelt Alcuin (you wrote Aluin) ... and he was from Northumberland (at the time York) and picked up the nickname Albinus ...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

AnonymousBystander said:Hi ... pedantic point ... you mis-spelt Alcuin (you wrote Aluin) ... and he was from Northumberland (at the time York) and picked up the nickname Albinus ...

Not pedantic at all! One of the worst things you can do is misspell someone's name.  I'll edit that asap. Thanks!

P.S. misspelt doesn't require a hyphen! :p

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Very interesting and quite informative Ahavti, thank you for the research.
Ultimately, its the bastard child of punctuation but I must say its the prettiest lol

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Layla said:Very interesting and quite informative Ahavti, thank you for the research.
Ultimately, its the bastard child of punctuation but I must say its the prettiest lol

LOL!  They typically are! And, you're very welcome! I am trying to squeeze one more in before NaPo Madness—the em dash, and cousins thereof!

Haha @ Sky! Too true! Literally!

Silverotter65
Drew1103
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 13th Feb 2020
Forum Posts: 9

I was diagnosed with dyslexia 1992 by my university tutor. Amazing I managed college butt plenty re-writes. I have what is called 'Grammatical Blindness '. I managed a 2.1 pass only because of special software. So I am still interested in learning more.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Dyslexia is a tough one, So.  Many people believe dyslexia is a problem with vision but it's not: it's problem with language.  While it impacts learning, it doesn't intelligence.  People with dyslexia are just as smart as their peers, and there are countless stories about people thriving with dyslexia, including actors, entrepreneurs, and elected officials.

Good on you, keep going.  

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

Ahavati said:

LOL!  They typically are! And, you're very welcome! I am trying to squeeze one more in before NaPo Madness—the em dash, and cousins thereof!

Haha @ Sky! Too true! Literally!

Hyphen, right?
(Oops, wrong image - damnit!!  "Now where's that, Dash vs Hyphen?")

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018

aaaaaaaaaaah,  Found it !!!  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Guys doesn't look like that next segment is going to make it before NaPo! Maybe in June after we've recovered from NaPo in May!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:Guys doesn't look like that next segment is going to make it before NaPo! Maybe in June after we've recovered from NaPo in May!

Let's hope we don't get our asterisks kicked and can resume punctuating as soon as possible.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Let's hope we don't get our asterisks kicked and can resume punctuating as soon as possible.

Guess where that is from? ^

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Guess where that is from? ^

Aren't all Adam Sandler movies the same?

Go to page:
Go to: