Not all critiques are positive, I like to thank people always if the person criticizing you is trying to be disrespectful this makes them upset, they get bored and soon give up.
thank you for getting this forum back on topic again
I agree and I have knowledge of people that have left the site due to harsh critique and disrespect. IMHO - critique should only be given if the poet directly asks for it, no one should be railroaded into receiving this kind of criticism.
I would say that this kind of so-called "honest critique" should not be on the site in public at all - it could be done bt message or email if that is your forte.
Read the ethos of Cafe Critique https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/cafe-critique/discussion/3048/
WELCOME INN YOUR TABLE IS READY FOR YOU. I AM SURE WE WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO TEMPT YOU FROM THE MENU OR MAYBE JUST A COFFEE. I AM SURE YOU WILL FIND THE AMBIENCE AND THE OTHER CUSTOMERS PLEASANT AND HELPFUL SO HAVE A SEAT AND READ THIS TO FIND OUT WHAT THIS CAFĂ‰ IS ALL ABOUT.
1. RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS IS WHAT OUR STAFF AND CUSTOMERS DO DAILY.
2. THERE IS A NEED IN HERE UNDERSTANDING AND COMPASSION.
3. ONLY RESPECTFUL EMPATHETIC CRITIQUES AND COMMENTS MUST BE GIVEN.
4. WE MUST RESPECT THE WRITERS WISHES TO OWN THEIR OWN VOICE AND WORDS.
5. WRITERS CAN TAKE ON SUGGESTIONS AFTER CONSIDERATION OR NOT.
6. WE WILL DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR ARGUMENTS AND FLAMING.
7. WE ARE ALL EQUAL HERE NOBODY GETS LESSER OR SPECIAL TREATMENT.
8. WE ALL HAVE EQUAL VALUE AS POETS AND WRITERS.
9. WE ALL HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS TO MAKE COMMENTS AND CRITIQUES.
10. WE CAN ALL LEARN FROM AND BE INSPIRED BY ANYONE.
IT IS THROUGH THIS POSITIVE ETHOS OF RESPECT AND ENCOURAGEMENT THAT WE CAN ALL MAKE POSITIVE CHANGES, IMPROVEMENTS AND LEARN FROM EACH OTHER TO MAKE LASTING CHANGES. THIS CAFĂ‰ WILL BE RUN STRICTLY BY THESE STATED PRINCIPLES. IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PLAY BY THE RULES THEN DON'T LET THE DOOR SLAM ON YOUR ASS ON THE WAY OUT.
PLEASE SUBMIT IN THE ONLY SECTION THAT WE TAKE SUBMISSIONS ON. AT THE TOP OF THE GROUP PAGE.
MAYBE YOU COULD VISIT THE MENU PAGE AND TELL US WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE.
These are the critiques we always do - those requiring something different are free to go elsewhere.