rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
United States
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 1721

Um, Hi,
I often joke around with Johnny and Ahavati,

Unfortuneatly, I was not thinking clearly, because I have high blood sugar episodes from diabeties which prones me to temper tantrums, illogical thinking.
Johnny and Ahavati assumed that it was understood that since I left my 'poem' unfinished,
they were expressing mock anger that I had got them all excited about a story, then did not finish.
It was a way for them to say how interesting the poem was actually, in a joking manner.

So they meant it as a compliment, in a joking style that I have done to them as well.

My problem though, was I actually thought I had offended Ahavati, because she has been very supportive of violence against women, and my poem did have a controversial sex scene.

So,  my course of action is that I should have felt  more open to simply writing Ahavati if I had hurt her feelings.   I did not, and my bizaare theory that whe was offended, made me sulk all the more.

So, due to my past joking around with A and J,  Please forgive their likewise joking responses,
which I , yes I  misinterpreted completely, In summary they were actually extending compliments, as they were actually so interested in the poem, that they were pretending to be mad that I did not finish the story.

Many regards to all, and to all a good day sir.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 2951

rabbitquest said:Um, Hi,
I often joke around with Johnny and Ahavati,

Unfortuneatly, I was not thinking clearly, because I have high blood sugar episodes from diabeties which prones me to temper tantrums, illogical thinking.
Johnny and Ahavati assumed that it was understood that since I left my 'poem' unfinished,
they were expressing mock anger that I had got them all excited about a story, then did not finish.
It was a way for them to say how interesting the poem was actually, in a joking manner.

So they meant it as a compliment, in a joking style that I have done to them as well.

My problem though, was I actually thought I had offended Ahavati, because she has been very supportive of violence against women, and my poem did have a controversial sex scene.

So,  my course of action is that I should have felt  more open to simply writing Ahavati if I had hurt her feelings.   I did not, and my bizaare theory that whe was offended, made me sulk all the more.

So, due to my past joking around with A and J,  Please forgive their likewise joking responses,
which I , yes I  misinterpreted completely, In summary they were actually extending compliments, as they were actually so interested in the poem, that they were pretending to be mad that I did not finish the story.

Many regards to all, and to all a good day sir.

Thank you for clearing that up, Rabbit. It is much appreciated.

And we're sorry to hear about the medical condition. 😕

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
87awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6742

JohnnyBlaze said:

Thank you for clearing that up, Rabbit. It is much appreciated.

And we're sorry to hear about the medical condition. 😕

Ditto.  Thank you, Rabbit.  ❤

Igawyrwal1
Igawyrwal1
Phi
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 18th Apr 2020
Forum Posts: 27

Not all critiques are positive, I like to thank people always, if the person criticizing you is trying to be disrespectful this makes them upset, they get bored and soon give up.

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2776

Igawyrwal1 said:Not all critiques are positive, I like to thank people always if the person criticizing you is trying to be disrespectful this makes them upset, they get bored and soon give up.

thank you for getting this forum back on topic again

I agree and I have knowledge of people that have left the site due to harsh critique and disrespect. IMHO - critique should only be given if the poet directly asks for it, no one should be railroaded into receiving this kind of criticism.

I would say that this kind of so-called "honest critique" should not be on the site in public at all - it could be done bt message or email if that is your forte.

Read the ethos of Cafe Critique

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/groups/cafe-critique/discussion/3048/

WELCOME INN YOUR TABLE IS READY FOR YOU. I AM SURE WE WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO TEMPT YOU FROM THE MENU OR MAYBE JUST A COFFEE. I AM SURE YOU WILL FIND THE AMBIENCE AND THE OTHER CUSTOMERS PLEASANT AND HELPFUL SO HAVE A SEAT AND READ THIS TO FIND OUT WHAT THIS CAFÉ IS ALL ABOUT.
1.   RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS IS WHAT OUR STAFF AND CUSTOMERS DO DAILY.
2.   THERE IS A NEED IN HERE UNDERSTANDING AND COMPASSION.
3.   ONLY RESPECTFUL EMPATHETIC CRITIQUES AND COMMENTS MUST BE GIVEN.
4.   WE MUST RESPECT THE WRITERS WISHES TO OWN THEIR OWN VOICE AND WORDS.
5.   WRITERS CAN TAKE ON SUGGESTIONS AFTER CONSIDERATION OR NOT.
6.   WE WILL DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR ARGUMENTS AND FLAMING.
7.   WE ARE ALL EQUAL HERE NOBODY GETS LESSER OR SPECIAL TREATMENT.
8.   WE ALL HAVE EQUAL VALUE AS POETS AND WRITERS.
9.   WE ALL HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS TO MAKE COMMENTS AND CRITIQUES.
10.   WE CAN ALL LEARN FROM AND BE INSPIRED BY ANYONE.
IT IS THROUGH THIS POSITIVE ETHOS OF RESPECT AND ENCOURAGEMENT THAT WE CAN ALL MAKE POSITIVE CHANGES, IMPROVEMENTS AND LEARN FROM EACH OTHER TO MAKE LASTING CHANGES. THIS CAFÉ WILL BE RUN STRICTLY BY THESE STATED PRINCIPLES. IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PLAY BY THE RULES THEN DON'T LET THE DOOR SLAM ON YOUR ASS ON THE WAY OUT.
PLEASE SUBMIT IN THE ONLY SECTION THAT WE TAKE SUBMISSIONS ON. AT THE TOP OF THE GROUP PAGE.
MAYBE YOU COULD VISIT THE MENU PAGE AND TELL US WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE.

These are the critiques we always do - those requiring something different are free to go elsewhere.

Go to page:
Go to: