Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Mister_Write said:

I love spotty coy.

Dolphinetly! 🐬

poet Anonymous

Excuse me, but you may have not read my reference was to Cafe Critique...and all I said was to consider anyone's credentials when submitting poetry (ANYWHERE) for review and critiques.   You are beating a dead horse.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Mister_Write said:Excuse me, but you may have not read my reference was to Cafe Critique...and all I said was to consider anyone's credentials when submitting poetry (ANYWHERE) for review and critiques.   You are beating a dead horse.

....not horse, puņata!🦄

Sorry for letting this drag-on...  🐲

🐉 I really get my review's worth with them🔥

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

Mister_Write said:

I insulted no one.  I also didn't insult anyone else or use any profanity.

I shouldn't step into this thread but, an there is always a but, you have in my view insulted all the members and organisers of cafe critique. this is clear by your statements and the other members who repeated your statements with lol's and agreement. You do not know the qualifications of any member or their professional credentials of these people. But I am tired of people bashing cafe critique which was set up to create positive help and critique and many people have been helped by it. The organisers at cafe critique work hard without pay to support poets. If you didn't think it was suitable for you then you were at liberty not to use this service. Instead of questioning the validity of the group and its members. The statement you made, you chose to make.

I will give no further response to this thread, I am saddened that back up did not really come for the good work that cafe critique has done so far

poet Anonymous

EdibleWords said:

....not horse, puņata!🦄

Sorry for letting this drag-on...  🐲

🐉 I really get my review's worth with them🔥

By any chance, did you mean to refer to me as a "Puneta"?  Punata is a city in Brazil....Puneta means "whore".  Either way, it is YOU who are rude and out of place.  I won't contribute to your delinquency by replying to any more of your posts.

poet Anonymous

David, NOT "bashing", just asking what credentials the Cafe Critique staff has.  Meant no personal insult...just wanted to know the qualifications of the critique givers.  I find it difficult to believe that people would take offense at that. It's a standard on most sites with reviewers/critique givers.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Mister_Write said:David, NOT "bashing", just asking what credentials the Cafe Critique staff has.  Meant no personal insult...just wanted to know the qualifications of the critique givers.  I find it difficult to believe that people would take offense at that. It's a standard on most sites with reviewers/critique givers.

Any of the group overseers, and overall website moderators are not "staff"--we are not hired, we do not receive salary from this, and we do this on a volunteer basis.  Any "credentials" are in the form of a willingness to give of our time, without anything in return except fostering good relations between members, promoting the good things of this website, and doing our best to keep things in balance.

Regardless of certified or official credentials, or none at all, what someone gives you for feedback, is their opinion.  Having fancy letters/titles after one's name, doesn't ensure that their opinion is the gold standard, and likewise, having no credentials other than membership and a love for what you do/your interests, doesn't mean that those opinions are worthless.

If you don't agree with the opinions at Cafe Critique, then stay out of there.  There are plenty of other members on this site that are able to, and do, give very valid feedback.  If those aren't what you're looking for, either, then there are other avenues both online and in person.  

We are all here because we believe in this place, and we enjoy it, and want to see others have a positive experience, too.  We want to be a part of something that we can help create and maintain.  The credentials come in the ability to give of oneself and serve without the expectation of anything other than knowing you were there to help someone, lend an ear, lend an idea, give encouragement, etc, when they needed it or asked for it.

So rather than nitpick it down to the atomic level, see everyone in your life around you, as being there for a purpose and an appointed time, and see them as resources for many different things, poetry critique and everything else.  

poet Anonymous

MadameLavender,
Understood. Thank you for the time taken to respond.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

buddhakitty said:I would like to see everyone get back to what we do best here at DUP, and that is to write poetry-regardless of style-and support, encourage each other. There is more than enough room on DUP for everyone.

pax,
buddhakitty.

And Buddha has spoken...

Done !

poet Anonymous

Blackwolf said:

And Buddha has spoken...

Done !

Sounds like the very best thing to do.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14656

Tell you what, why don't you two measure it, and whosoever is smallest gets the last word.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Mister_Write said:

By any chance, did you mean to refer to me as a "Puneta"?  Punata is a city in Brazil....Puneta means "whore".  Either way, it is YOU who are rude and out of place.  I won't contribute to your delinquency by replying to any more of your posts.

I'll deliver the last edible, then. Puņata is the pun form of the piņata party favor... it is meant to reduce tension and induce laughter. I'm not trying to match rapport... that's because I can't.

I'm a mom. Step one when dealing with short term stress.... short term distractions! Enjoy the hula dancers!

....use your imagination. I had to call a smilie temping agency.

🌴🌴🌴🌴 👯👯‍♂️🔥👯👯‍♂️🌴🌴🌴🌴

Also.... the Lai broke (get a rubber band, it will be fine!)

Mahalo.  

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Ahavati said:Tell you what, why don't you two measure it, and whosoever is smallest gets the last word.

Me! Me!

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

I was trying to be nice , agree with Buddha Kitty , and end the whole thing Ahavati...

However , and I do not care to post again , yet here is my point :  ( . )

poet Anonymous

Blackwolf said:I was trying to be nice , agree with Buddha Kitty , and end the whole thing Ahavati...

However , and I do not care to post again , yet here is my point :  ( . )

By all means. Anyone who wants the last word is welcome to it.  I just want this to end.

Go to page:
Go to: