Go to page:

How Much Should Critique Affect You?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

That poetry and writing in general changes your brain!

Keep challenging yourself!

poet Anonymous

If you ask for advice, make sure that the advice you get is from someone qualified to give you advice.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

JohnnyBlaze said:

I want you, same as everyone else, to do here whatever makes you happy as long as it doesn't involve making other people here miserable.
I

Spread Happiness Example.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

rabbitquest said: I

Spread Happiness Example.

Hey! You forgot me!

And you're very welcome!

Anyone wishing to see the context of the comments can do so here:

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/370329-tripping-out/

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012

So when something happens in a writing that you feel is politically incorrect, this is your way?
If I make boobies using punctuation marks, would that trigger you?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

rabbitquest said:So when something happens in a writing that you feel is politically incorrect, this is your way?
If I make boobies using punctuation marks, would that trigger you?

Dude, not sure what is up with you ( suddenly ), but those comments weren't meant to be malicious toward you in any way.  And you know it.  They regarded the ending to your poem, leaving us hanging like that. AND, were actually a compliment that garnered the reaction we thought you wanted.  We in no way thought your poem was "politically incorrect ".  I think it's pretty low of you to attempt to paint it any different than that. But, I am glad to know where you stand.

I don't care what you make with periods and parentheses; however, I do think that would make one hell of a poem title. The only thing that triggers me are those who attempt to paint something ( or someone ) contrary to what it ( or they ) really is/are.

If you had an issue, you could've messaged for clarification.  I've been nothing but supportive of you. "Been" being the operative word here.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012

My apologies, I was never called an ass and a mother... before,
I interpreted it the wrong way.
Please forgive me.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

rabbitquest said:My apologies, I was never called an ass and a mother... before,
Please forgive me.

I thought we were on a level that you'd have understood we honestly thought that was the reaction you were going for.  I'm the one that recommended the read to Johnny, telling him it was GREAT ( but not telling him about the ending so he would be surprised too ).  

It just goes to show you that you can't be too careful on the internet, because despite how many years you've been nothing but supportive of someone, it's that one misperception that you weren't, that you could actually mean something like that personally, which will be thrown up in front of everyone the first opportunity they get.

Dude, I'm sorry you've carried this around for weeks, thinking that we literally called you and ass and mother. . .when it was the ending ( or lack thereof ) of the poem we were referencing.  I won't make that mistake again. Or any. . . you can believe that.

poet Anonymous

Would you say that results of a Café Critique evaluation should be “objective”?  Giving advice about what might be constructive to correct another’s work SHOULD be an purely objective act, No?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Ahavati said: I don't care what you make with periods and parentheses; however, I do think that would make one hell of a poem title.

It would!! Great idea!!! 🤣

I'm a pig in corn around here!

🌽🌽🌽🌽🐷🌽🌽🌽🌽

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Mister_Write said:Would you say that results of a Café Critique evaluation should be “objective”?  Giving advice about what might be constructive to correct another’s work SHOULD be an purely objective act, No?

How in the heck can we be sure it's objective from any angle?

I say, just try to learn.

Im in it to become more commercially appealing if i go for advice.

Can you really argue with a poet customer with decades of reading experience??

poet Anonymous

EdibleWords said:

How in the heck can we be sure it's objective from any angle?

I say, just try to learn.

Im in it to become more commercially appealing if i go for advice.

Can you really argue with a poet customer with decades of reading experience??

CERTAINLY!  If that critique is based on outmoded standards and does not reflect what the market is currently looking for!  Also (to my original point) if the critique is given by someone who has a dislike for the poet, he is likely not capable of an objective review.  THAT particular individual should NOT be giving critiques to ANYONE!

poet Anonymous

rabbitquest said:My apologies, I was never called an ass and a mother... before,
Please forgive me.

Your indignation was fully justified.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Mister_Write said:

CERTAINLY!  If that critique is based on outmoded standards and does not reflect what the market is currently looking for!  Also (to my original point) if the critique is given by someone who has a dislike for the poet, he is likely not capable of an objective review.  THAT particular individual should NOT be giving critiques to ANYONE!

We can't measure like/dislike.

I can't believe it... it looks like we have a witch hunt. Do I misunderstand? I am up way past my bedtime. 😝

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Mister_Write said:

Your indignation was fully justified.

Nobody has to justify feelings. The problem is the idea he would explode it publicly without a chance for reconciliation... but I've done worse at DUP....

Let's just keep it warm! 💖🔥

Go to page:
Go to: