spadula68
spadula68
Sheri Padula
Strange Creature
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 3

sometimes you have to just take feedback with a grain of salt.

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 2720

Sometimes a grain of salt seems larger than normal

Pull out the big guns

https://images.app.goo.gl/qJQy5SG9wprZcYBC8

poet Anonymous

Start positive, state your view, end positive.

David_Macleod
David_Macleod
David Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
39awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2838

Skyblue2 said:Start positive, state your view, end positive.

Amen - wise words :-)))))))))))))))))))))

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Dangerous Mind
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 1800

I think it should effect me enough to make me a better writer, side effects notwithstanding.

poet Anonymous

Much depends on who the critique comes from.  Is the critique made by someone who is QUALIFIED to critique your work?  Without qualification, the critique is nothing more than a comment.

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Mister_Write said:Much depends on who the critique comes from.  Is the critique made by someone who is QUALIFIED to critique your work?  Without qualification, the critique is nothing more than a comment.

Personally , no one is qualified to critique my work

They are not in my head , or body , I would not let them be ,
nor should they be...only I can judge what is right for me ,
and what I care to say , or how I say it...

Anything else is elitist bullshit , as a person not qualified
to judge me , thinking they can judge my words...

Affirmations are always accepted , judgements...NAH!...

I do not even let judges in a court judge me ,
as they have found out , and I have won every case !

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
buddhakitty
buddhakitty
Dangerous Mind
Joined 5th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 26

I agree Blackwolf. Tell me about my spelling ( lousy), or my punctuation ( questionable), but the structure, the feelings conveyed are me.

hugs,
buddhakitty.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Dangerous Mind
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 1800

If I didn't represent my idea in a way others understand, then either I don't mean for them to.... or i need to be told to clarify.

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
Joined 31st Mar 2018

EdibleWords said:If I didn't represent my idea in a way others understand, then either I don't mean for them to.... or i need to be told to clarify.

Or they are too ignorant or stupid to understand ,
and need to educate themselves...

Do not sell yourself short , due to others ignorance ,
or lack of understanding , or education , let alone ,
imagination and contemplation...

That is their downfall , not yours...

Do everything you can , through your works , to
cause others to expand their quantum vocabulary
and their expanded perception of what multiple
reality really is...

If they do not choose to do so , fuck them...

Be your greatest self , or suffer the consequences !

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3374

Mister_Write said:Much depends on who the critique comes from.  Is the critique made by someone who is QUALIFIED to critique your work?  Without qualification, the critique is nothing more than a comment.

That goes without saying regarding any service you know are in need of, which is why it is sensible to contact someone who is recommended.

You can usually select from a variety of plumbers in the phonebook when wanting a toilet replaced. Choose one that has the best reviews.

Or, choose another poet who is obviously prolific in an area of writing you struggle with.

If you are requesting Honest Critiques as opposed to Friendly Feedback on your poetry and someone volunteers an assessment that proves useful in improving your overall communications skills as a poet, then that person was qualified to help you and anyone else experiencing the same or similar difficulty - regardless of resume or lack thereof.

If you are repeatedly receiving assessments from a particular individual despite not asking for such, then no - that person is likely clubbing no one in particular over the head with opinions based on personal preferences.  

poet Anonymous

I consider a "critique" to be valid IF it comes from someone who has been published more than I, is educated better than I, has sold more books than I, was mentored better than I, has been purchased by more on-line and print publishers than I and has received more/better professional reviews than I.  
Anyone who doesn't meet those criteria (and who does not preface their critique with their credentials) is incapable of anything more than a "comment"...and anyone can make a comment.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3374

Mister_Write said:I consider a "critique" to be valid IF it comes from someone who has been published more than I, is educated better than I, has sold more books than I, was mentored better than I, has been purchased by more on-line and print publishers than I and has received more/better professional reviews than I.  
Anyone who doesn't meet those criteria (and who does not preface their critique with their credentials) is incapable of anything more than a "comment"...and anyone can make a comment.

It makes perfect sense that one would seek help from someone more knowledgeable in matters one wishes to likewise excel in.

poet Anonymous

JohnnyBlaze said:

It makes perfect sense that one would seek help from someone more knowledgeable in matters one wishes to likewise excel in.

Seems obvious to me too.  The cliche, "Everybody's a critic" comes to mind.  If those who offered their reviews on this site would preface their commentaries with their accomplishments, I'd be more likely to submit my work to them.

Go to page:
Go to: