Go to page:

Past journals and when to use them

_feral
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 11awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 864

Northern_Soul said:

I’m in a bit of a catch-22 when it comes to that.

Now... my journals are also covered in doodles, big words that cover the whole page. Chocolate biscuit fingerprints... everything. But there’s part of me that finds the crossing out endearing and also incredibly frustrating. Probably an OCD perfection thing going on for me.

I was exactly the same when I used to hand in homework at school. If it had a mistake on, I would ALWAYS re-write the whole page rather than cross it out or tippex it.

I’m getting better at it but there’s still something odd about a crossing out for me. Almost like I changed my mind after.

And then there’s this whole other debate about whether it’s a pure thought then or not...

(Don’t worry I’m weird too. You may have noticed )

its understandable considering the ocd side of things,  but i think the doodles and chocolate fingerprints definitely say it's being lived 😎

it's interesting hearing other people's little nuances with their writing process or where they keep their poetry 😊

we're seriously not gonna let #poetlife go now but it's blur and they're fkn great so tough tiddies 😂

_feral
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 11awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2021

Northern_Soul said:Also can we just take a second for #PoetLife to the tune of Blur....

“I wake up on Mondays where I grab my moleskine and write a haiku while the windows run with condensation

POETLIFE!

I boil the kettle, dunk my biscuit in my brew and never even think about leaving the house

POETLIFE!”

😂

if the thread had its own theme tune

this would be it 😎

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5732

_feral said:

its understandable considering the ocd side of things,  but i think the doodles and chocolate fingerprints definitely say it's being lived 😎

it's interesting hearing other people's little nuances with their writing process or where they keep their poetry 😊

I literally have pieces of toilet roll and napkins paper clipped into my journal. Where I’ve had an idea and it just couldn’t wait, so I’ve scribbled it down on whatever was available... it’s certainly lived

_feral said:

blur are fkn great though so tough tiddies

See... I can’t dispute that, but my 90’s Blur vs Oasis wound appears then and I have to say... I think Oasis had the edge.

But that’s a whole other argument. It’s north vs south. Clash of the titans. A matter of national pride.

_feral
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 11awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2021

Northern_Soul said:

See... I can’t dispute that, but my 90’s Blur vs Oasis wound appears then and I have to say... I think Oasis had the edge.

But that’s a whole other argument. It’s north vs south. Clash of the titans. A matter of national pride.

that's very true although i do love bands very dearly, there's something about pulp that struck me incredibly different and connected with on another level .... and there's that glorious moment where jarvis cocker crashed the brit awards in 96 and got up on stage and shook his ass for a good few minutes while michael jackson was in the middle of performing the earth song 🤣

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

_feral said:

that's very true although i do love bands very dearly, there's something about pulp that struck me incredibly different and connected with on another level .... and there's that glorious moment where jarvis cocker crashed the brit awards in 96 and got up on stage and shook his ass for a good few minutes while michael jackson was in the middle of performing the earth song 🤣

Jarvis Cocker. Absolute ledge.

What happened to Pulp? Are they still going or did they Jack it in? 🤔 Or did they all meet up in the year 2000 and decided they didn’t like each other and parted ways... lol

I often think of our actions as a living journal tho... Cocker definitely earned a full page that night!!

_feral
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 11awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2021

Northern_Soul said:

Jarvis Cocker. Absolute ledge.

What happened to Pulp? Are they still going or did they Jack it in? 🤔 Or did they all meet up in the year 2000 and decided they didn’t like each other and parted ways... lol

I often think of our actions as a living journal tho... Cocker definitely earned a full page that night!!

pulp decided to pack it all in 2013 (heartbroken isn't even a word for it) 😭 but cocker went solo so he didn’t disappear off the planet completely
thank god 😎

i agree, maybe a special badge, a big toblerone and his own pot of tea ... because if that act didn't say anything fuck knows what will 🤣

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

A special badge, big toblerone and a pot of tea tho. Sounds like my perfect afternoon.

Add the journal in there, and ready to go!

Breedlove
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 25th Apr 2021
Forum Posts: 36

Definitely post your older work if you enjoy what you have written.  It captures a period in your life! You being you!  Nothing is off limits in my opinion... Art is art

Go to page:
Go to: