Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

ooops

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

I've been hesitant to declare such, only because I dread the thought of leaving this world ahead of my schedule.

Should I mortally expire, ALL of my poetry here goes to Ahavati. 💜👫💋

That includes the poetry of JohhnyBlaze, PsycoticMastermind, Magnetron, Anarchitect and MaryWalker.

When you meet someone as wonderful as she is, you don't want to acknowledge the thought of leaving her.

❤📝

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

I only said dummy account as it would be an account that would not have a living person behind it: it would have the trappings of a real account/ real poet but would not be able to create anything new due to the poem's poet/poet's having popped their clogs and gone to meet their writers.

A 'Memorials' group could also extend in scope to memorials and poems about people not on DU, as a way to help convey and cope through grief. An area to commemorate the lost while going forwards. The depth of loss can drown, but a supporting hand can make the tide just that bit more bearable.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

Viddax said:I only said dummy account as it would be an account that would not have a living person behind it: it would have the trappings of a real account/ real poet but would not be able to create anything new due to the poem's poet/poet's having popped their clogs and gone to meet their writers.

A 'Memorials' group could also extend in scope to memorials and poems about people not on DU, as a way to help convey and cope through grief. An area to commemorate the lost while going forwards. The depth of loss can drown, but a supporting hand can make the tide just that bit more bearable.

A group like that would be awesome.  

JohnnyBlaze said:I've been hesitant to declare such, only because I dread the thought of leaving this world ahead of my schedule.

Should I mortally expire, ALL of my poetry here goes to Ahavati. 💜👫💋

That includes the poetry of JohhnyBlaze, PsycoticMastermind, Magnetron, Anarchitect and MaryWalker.

When you meet someone as wonderful as she is, you don't want to acknowledge the thought of leaving her.

❤📝

Dawww 💜👫💋

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

dkzksaxxas_DanielX said:I, Daniel Kozak, hereby appoint Tammy Cantrell (a.k.a. Ahavati), as ''curator" of all my written work appearing on the Deep Underground Poetry  website, taking effect on the occasion of my death.
Peace and blessings to all........
Daniel Kozak

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/workshop/read/11759/#517560

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

i love the in memoriam idea.  the legacy account I’m wary of only bc if you leave the legacy in the hands of the wrong person they may misuse the privilege.  if there was a way to safeguard against that possibility, i would be all for it x

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/workshop/read/11759/#517560

Could not be in better hands. ❤📄

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

I hereby post humorously declare all copywriticus et cuniliingus be requisitum to the highly esteemed member at large:
Clewluss.

clewluss
SMOOKY
Thought Provoker
Joined 22nd Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 281

Thanks for the Honor, rabbit,
say can I get your password
so I can get started cleaning up a bit,
and transferring some of the decent ones
on over?

Thanks again,
Clew

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Meanwhile, while a member is in hospice, truly worried about their body of work because their family isn't interested ( I mean really, many aren't interested in poetry ). . .

They want to ensure their poetry lives on elsewhere, particularly if DU goes down for any reason. What then? Without an executor, there goes their entire body of work.

I will keep Danny's work in trust until his granddaughter comes of age; then, hopefully, she will see just how brilliant her grandfather was.

So keep it up with the snide comments you two.  

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:Meanwhile, while a member is in hospice, truly worried about their body of work because their family isn't interested ( I mean really, many aren't interested in poetry ). . .

They want to ensure their poetry lives on elsewhere, particularly if DU goes down for any reason. What then? Without an executor, there goes their entire body of work.

I will keep Danny's work in trust until his granddaughter comes of age; then, hopefully, she will see just how brilliant her grandfather was.

And prolific. He added 600 poems since his book was published. I'm archiving them now for safe measure.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

And prolific. He added 600 poems since his book was published. I'm archiving them now for safe measure.

Thank you. He will be so relieved to know that.

Go to page:
Go to: