Go to page:

ah..

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:

Well I'm going to be a dick now, and ask this as my last question was ignored.  

Is the above quote true?  or is that widely known between just the mods and not DU as a whole, because it is absolutely nothing that I have heard and it just seems to be Ahavati publicly saying this on numerous occasions.  I loathe "bullying"  

I don't recall Muggle as a bully account either...just sayin'...

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Magdalena said:

Well I'm going to be a dick now, and ask this as my last question was ignored.  

Is the above quote true?  or is that widely known between just the mods and not DU as a whole, because it is absolutely nothing that I have heard and it just seems to be Ahavati publicly saying this on numerous occasions.  I loathe "bullying"  

here's a reality:

I was a mod for around a year before  Avati was apponted. I can say, with hand on heart none of the other mods briefed me about Muggle being a bully account before or after her arrival

during the course of Muggle, some hundred of thousands of words. we recieved two complaints. and ammended one skit

like others, am getting sick of the woman in question trying to put Muggle in a bad light

I'm proud of it, and have the deepest respect for everyone who contributed to it

I feel this "bully" thing is going on a bit long. let's put it to bed

is there a Mod here who "briefed" Avahti about Muggle being a bully ?

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

lepperochan said:

here's a reality:

I was a mod for around a year before  Avati was apponted. I can say, with hand on heart none of the other mods briefed me about Muggle being a bully account before or after her arrival

during the course of Muggle, some hundred of thousands of words. we recieved two complaints. and ammended one skit

like others, am getting sick of the woman in question trying to put Muggle in a bad light

I'm proud of it, and have the deepest respect for everyone who contributed to it

I feel this "bully" thing is going on a bit long. let's put it to bed

is there a Mod here who "briefed" Avahti about Muggle being a bully ?

Cheers mister.

Now we have the group facility, would it better for it to become a group instead of using profile features, you could put verbal restrictions on the group so members don't post randomly, if the the WebMiss is okay with that.   I know it is the concept of a magazine/newspaper etc, hence having to use a profile rather than a forum thread to make it work, and I have always been aware that it is more than yourself who was able to sign into muggle account, for interviews, write ups and stuff.

Even though I have no part in muggle whatsoever, I have enjoyed reading it, especially as I am a tongue-in-cheek kinda gal.

poet Anonymous

Deathproof said:

I don't recall Muggle as a bully account either...just sayin'...

Bloody hell. Now even Deathproof is coming out of the woodwork. It must be serious!

Agreeing. If anything, I used to look forward to Muggle being the comical low down for the DU back in the day... also just sayin'. I've been mentioned on that account a fair bit, and can I also say I am yet to commit suicide over it, so it's all good.

poet Anonymous

She accused twice before [ in threads 8/8/2017 and 6/19/2017] based on rumors per se she had heard without providing proof or links.  That's character defamation of the person(s) behind the Muggle account who put it so much time and effort to bring tongue-in cheek humor to the site.

Most of us have been here for a long time and none of us witnessed such a thing so its very interesting to see how things are shaped especially when any person coming to a mod position need to keep objectivity.

I can't wait to see the next newsletter from Muggle lol

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Just to conclude, and again opologies for the thread hijack

this is, Muggle's introduction on the introduce me thread.

Hallo all...

Many people have been asking "Who is Muggle"?
Well I am Muggle & I am new.

What is Muggle?

The Word and Verse (code name: Muggle) is the collaborated effort of several DU members of different backgrounds, nationalities, age groups and sexes. By permission of our benevolent Webmistress, we've come together on this profile to organize a semi-regular newsletter, keeping you in the loop with the lighter side of current events here on DU. From forum drama to trends in the Latest Poems, to personal advice and critique, with competitions, world issues and some fair liberties taken along with every barb we point in your general direction, our mission is to celebrate, enlighten and poke fun at you - the community.
We aim to make this little project as inclusive as possible, so opportunities to let you all return the flavors of strawberries and/or vomit will be bestowed. Send us private messages with suggestions, ideas or opinions, comment on selected articles, post in our thread: We're really just all about you mangy lot.

Where is Muggle?
http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems-by/Muggle/

Feel free to ask any questions or make comments here...

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/chat/read/1494/

Welcome to all the other new people above & those below...

Come visit!

Warmest thanks for the opportunity of many shameless plugs.

poet Anonymous

Ah, yes. Pretty sure that's something else a bully account wouldn't be doing. Introducing themselves to everybody explaining who and what they are.

How terribly covert of them to cover their false intentions to the community like that. [/sarcasm]

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6698

I think Muggle/The Word And Verse, has not been active since I have ascended to the heady heights of Moderating; hopefully no coincidence there. The Word And Verse was (is? only time will tell) to DU what 'Private Eye' is to newspapers: a cheeky lampooning round-up saying what most people are feeling and thinking without being sensationalist hype or knee jerk accusation and bad blood.

It is something that could be just the cure to the past malaise and emptiness DU has felt. - Don't get me wrong the site is doing well, but there is a certain spark missing; a certain sense of wit and wonder that is not echoing round these halls.

On the original topic of poet/poetry of the month, as annoying and complex as it sounds (especially for the Webmistress who would have to implement it), but having a separate section entirely in the forums might be better. A section where past winners and features can be archived, without encroaching on the territory of any of the other forum sub-sections. Features and Winners, are not strictly poetry or anything other than poetry, as it a symbiotic relationship between poet and poetry: plus a separate section would be far easier to view and maintain. Especially if members can only view the features and winners without hijacking the threads or get side-tracked onto other talk. It would also provide a springboard for poets to create their own thread where they talk about something to do with the features and winners.

As usual my answer is not to go with A or B, but dream about creating '5'.

Oh yeah, and Muggle needs to come back and write more wit, doesn't matter if its the old group or a new rotating collaboration which should theoretically mean more content!

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2387

Viddax said:It is something that could be just the cure to the past malaise and emptiness DU has felt. - Don't get me wrong the site is doing well, but there is a certain spark missing; a certain sense of wit and wonder that is not echoing round these halls.

^ well said

Muggle was the first profile I followed on here, it was not only funny but helped me get to know and appreciate DU as a community ^-^

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Wow... Way off track, still accusations fly/scorekeeping...

Part of the purpose and allure of the groups feature is to have sections where people can go to hang out with those of like minded interests/mindsets, and basically steer clear of those who irk and rub you the wrong way.

There's many playgrounds now, between the groups, forums, poems pages, PM's, Facebook DUP ....  this place is what we choose to make it , and yeah it's not exactly the same as a few years ago, but personally I think we have much better measures in place to get a handle on many of the reasons why many members left here--trolls, spammers, jerks in general, etc., etc.

Certain members can hold all the grudges they want, but what is it really accomplishing ?  

Getting back to the original premise of this thread , I've moved all the weekly poet threads to the Writing and Poetry forum --if I missed any, please give a heads up.  Moving forward, I'll be updating the Hall of Fame thread every Sunday evening for the coming week and will nix the individual threads, as the Dispatch Box is where they're being posted now, and still being moved there---it's a process.

Thank you!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

with respect, Madame. rules and measures suit you. it's litrally the way you work, the envoiurment you work in

I personally had thought your business was concluded when you announced movement of the thread

The conversation which followed was of low temperament. some questions, some answers, some suggestions

there's no need for the condecending tone.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Erm, I only asked a question with regards to accusations about a popular thread/profile-newsletter which was brought up in here.  I have no idea about playgrounds and such, nor grudges.  

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2387

auhmm. well.. xD

I think saying "certain people" hold grudges is a bit of an overly vague and generalised statement.. everyone probably feels like ML is referring to them.  

But I also think she contributed some interesting points to the off topic discussion.

I'm especially curious about the better measures in place to battle trolls, spammers etc. What are they?(are groups the new measures?)

Go to page:
Go to: