Go to page:

ah..

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

All valid points and suggestions, everyone, and here's my additional thoughts:

As far as "if I actually posted the links" :  well, I actually have been working every weekend this summer and can't be using the work computers for intetnet stuff beyond what's allowed for my job. Since I can't link via my phone, have been working day shift hours as well in training sessions for two new computer systems going live at work in October, as well as the fact that I'll be back in the classroom, teaching, next week , that makes it nearly impossible for me to find time to get my laptop fired up on a regular basis in order to post a link. No, I don't leave it on all the time like the rest of the world, so I do my best to keep the feature going.  I would think that by at least making the announcement, that those interested could take the initiative to use the "search" option in the "poets" prompt in the menu, to find the poet profile if it's someone they aren't familiar with.  I'm doing my best, but I can't always get the links in.

Featuring the poems:  not doing it anymore.  Why? Because with facebook's policies, you can't put just anything over there, and I actually do leave links at Facebook to both the poet profile and their poems page, here.  By leaving a link there, it opens up the featuring to anyone, including those writers who may be too dark or erotic for facebook's liking, thus increasing my chances for getting more poets interested in being in the spotlight.  I write up a bunch of features at once, when I actually am on laptop, so I can do them ahead with links .

Poem worm--yes, I think putting the feature heads up as "poems" in that profile is a great place to keep them all in one tidy place.  But since I'm not Poem Worm, and it may or may not be confusing, trying to coordinate with PW, to get that in place in a weekly basis, I'm of the mindset to move the Hall of Fame thread out of the Speakeasy forum, keep it locked after I update it each week with the poet as well as a heads up to "please refer to the Dispatch Box" in Groups, for the write up, and then stop creating individual threads.  It will be less redundancy since all of the features are being posted in Dispatch anyway and people can just join the group to read them or go to facebook as well.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2387

MadameLavender said:I'm of the mindset to move the Hall of Fame thread out of the Speakeasy forum, keep it locked after I update it each week with the poet as well as a heads up to "please refer to the Dispatch Box" in Groups, for the write up, and then stop creating individual threads.  It will be less redundancy since all of the features are being posted in Dispatch anyway and people can just join the group to read them or go to facebook as well.

this seems like it would solve everything ^^ (+ everyone is already automatically added to the DU Dispatch Box group)

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Ok, I've begun the process to move the Hall of Fame thread and individual praise threads, to the Writing and Poetry forum.  Hall of Fame is still pinned, and I'll work on moving the remainder of the threads as time allows--unfortunately it's a little time consuming as I have to scroll through the Speakeasy forum, find them & move them one at a time.

Moving forward , I'll update the H.O.F. thread with the weekly featured poet then relock it as usual. I'll do this on Sunday evenings as I literally have no time on Mondays. Will do my best to put links in there, but it may not always happen right away, but I will direct each post to the Dispatch Box for more info, and nix creating the individual forum threads.

Hopefully that will unclutter things a bit and please keep in mind, that the Webmiss is still working on moving all the older features to Dispatch, so this will be a process for a while .

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

okay!
the speakeasy looks much better and I didn't expect this to be resolved so fast. thanks ^-^

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Miss Sub mentioned the Muggle operation. I believe it would be a much more 'giving' to the poet

as it stands, it could appear names are just randomly thrown out there. sometimes it might appear poets are fodder for a Facebook feature

Muggle, the original poem-worm 😎 didn't ask people to Honour poets. we simply put a spotlight on poets, their thinking and their work

we have a collection of many of the poets here: accessible, comment friendly and reading list friendly

thats called putting a bit of creativity and thought into it

many thanks, Missy. appreciate your candour. if ever you venture on another worm journey you're absolutely welcome to use the model

while I'm here, anyone interested in subscribing to Muggle, go ahead. od you're interested in compleating the questionnaire, pm me

thank you all

"this shameless plug was brought to you by the number two "

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poets/Muggle/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14631

lepperochan said:Miss Sub mentioned the Muggle operation. I believe it would be a much more 'giving' to the poet

as it stands, it could appear names are just randomly thrown out there. sometimes it might appear poets are fodder for a Facebook feature

Muggle, the original poem-worm 😎 didn't ask people to Honour poets. we simply put a spotlight on poets, their thinking and their work

While you may be able to do that on the site, it would be a violation of the poet's rights to feature them on social media without their consent. Which is EXACTLY what the Poem Worm account was created for. So, no; I'm afraid your muggle account wasn't the original model.

Poem Worm has two main functions: Firstly, to promote the DUP site by social networking on Facebook via featuring poets. Secondly, to promote our social networking sites by directing traffic from DUP to them , i.e. - linking the features in the Speakeasy ( as was determined by Webmiss due to the "Introduce Yourself" thread despite what the Facebook team suggested ).  

The muggle account performed neither of these functions so is hardly a "model". However, it was known widely as a " bully account " I was briefed about when I came in board as a mod. I'm glad to see it's not any longer, and will hopefully be a positive attribute for DUP in the future.  

Poem Worm is a marketing tool designed for promotional purposes outside of DUP. There's a world of difference.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

"Poem Worm is a marketing tool designed for promotional purposes outside of DUP "

I think that's why people aren't warming to it.

you're very entitled to your opinions, I accept them wholey. I meant no offence inmy earlier comment. I'm simply giving an opinion

Poem worm takes time. I appreciate that. oppologies Umm, I'll vacate this thread post haste

on facebook -statistically, poem worm has no real grass roots following, maybe three.  if you think that's any kind of marketing success, happy days

in here it's the same, this thread should be an indication of how many people feel apathy

It's not working, so probably shouldn't be talking it up like it's the next Google. go back, start again, have some original thoughts and who knows you might come up with something semi-interesting at least

my point about poem worm is it behaves like a marketing tool. take a bit of critique withouth lecturing me,

link is there anyway.  Muggle will be back in no time at all

[ another shameless plug ]

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:

Which is EXACTLY what the Poem Worm account was created for. So, no; I'm afraid your muggle account wasn't the original model.

1) Poem worm is registered to Al's email address. We know what we're talking about.

2) Muggle was exactly the model it was based on, operational wise. Initially. In the concept stage.

3) Looking forward to a good laugh when Muggle returns. Lord knows we all need some long overdue humour.

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015

lepperochan said:
oppologies Umm, I'll vacate this thread post haste

you're pardoned

also, (and im not saying this to evacuate you from this thread)but Muggle vs PoemWorm might make a great thread on its own, it would be interesting to see if people miss the old DU. It used to be much more engaging.

poet Anonymous

Umm said:
It used to be much more engaging.

https://youtu.be/TGTKN0DaxzQ

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

very graciousness of you, Lady

"also, (and im not saying this to evacuate you from this thread)but Muggle vs PoemWorm might make a great thread on its own, it would be interesting to see if people miss the old DU. It used to be much more engaging."

I should say, because it's important. we had a crack team who put a fair bit of time and thought into it.

I'd be happy to give some input if poem worm ( terribly sorry, not sure who you are ..is it Grace ? is that you Grace ?? Huloooo?!)

were to decide to incorporate a newsletter type thing. I think it could be an exciting project for people to do

wait . what about open poem worm up  for a workshop group type newslettery thing. take teams if six poets every month, let them bang out two bi-quarterlies for every quarter

it'd give the extra man power and collective brain thing to put out a decent thing

you're welcome 😎

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I feel compelled to say here, that in the nearly five and a half years I've been a member of DUP, I have never witnessed the muggle account being used as a bully tool. Why is it, that I've read now, more than once, that muggle is a "bully account"  when and where?
I remember muggle being very tongue-in-cheek.  I suppose you have to get it, to know it.

I'm a neat freak and OCD, with regards to order, so I agree with Umm [eliza]

poet Anonymous

What exactly is the definition of bully?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

I'm still trying to comprehend how DUP is less engaging now, given all the functionality the Webmiss has incorporated this year alone and more members being online now at any given moment compared to recent years.

Did someone do an inventory and discover less poetry being submitted?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Vee said:What exactly is the definition of bully?

I don't know about definitions, but perhaps an example would be Directors blocking members from joining their Groups based on personal dislike.

cough Igloo cough

Go to page:
Go to: