Page:

POEM OF THE MONTH September ...

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Moving forward into September 2017, some changes will be made to streamline this competition, especially the voting process.

Namely, each member will be limited to TWO nominations per month; and self nominations will no longer be accepted.  Both rules will be strictly enforced.  

Also, with regards to the two poem limit, please don't nominate a writer with multiple accounts twice for each account.  If you know a poet writes as BADBOB, and also as GOODLUCY, please don't nominate two of BADBOB's poems and then two of GOODLUCY's.  You can however nominate one of BOB's and one of LUCY's.

There is also some consideration being given to date limitations in order to make sure the freshest and newest poem of the preceding month is being celebrated.  The closing of this competition is typically the 22nd of the month, and the new comp opens on the first.  With that said, September's competition MAY be limited to poems posted on DUP from July 23rd - August 22nd.

If you have any questions or comments on any of this please PM me.

... and don't forget to vote!

Thank you

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14566

Also, with regards to the two poem limit, please don't nominate a writer with multiple accounts twice for each account.  If you know a poet writes as BADBOB, and also as GOODLUCY, please don't nominate two of BADBOB's poems and then two of GOODLUCY's.  You can however nominate one of BOB's and one of LUCY's.

Translation: "Ahavati! Please! Stop nominating ALL of Johnny's, Mary's, Psycotic's, Magnetrons, AND Anarchitect's poems! PLEASE!"

Alright! Alright! XO

LOL!

Much Love to you, San Pedro! Thank you for accepting the torch for this Legacy!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14566

[ UH ] Universe House

Bare, my hands  
using whatever boards  
were availed to me by  
God  

I  
would build a Universe House for  
you  

and every four legged  
friend who's come
to depend upon  
Us  

---nail it together with Honesty;  
Joy reinforcing every joist;  
Trust supporting each truss  

If a poor man    
only rich with words  
can keep you dry    
and warm with a    
poem  

I'll try my damnedest  
to shelter you from the storm  
of uncertainty you are braving  
with ceilings and walls of verse  
making you feel at  
Home  

Written by JohnnyBlaze
Go To Page  

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Hey Ahavati! ... you can remove this entry for now as this is not the official competition thread.  It's just a notice to help streamline the process for quicker voting on the latest poems.

The comp should open tomorrow.

Peace

Page:
Go to: