Go to page:

Do you believe in free speech?

KublaiSwan
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 23rd June 2017
Forum Posts: 59

If no, DeepUnderground Poetry is the perfect place for you

If yes, you will never be able to explore that notion on this website.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
yellow-house
Lost Thinker
Australia
Joined 3rd July 2017
Forum Posts: 48

why post a jab at a website while participating in the community? isn't the fact that you can create this poll an example of free speech? or is that the point and i'm just confused?

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16075

yellow-house said:why post a jab at a website while participating in the community? isn't the fact that you can create this poll an example of free speech? or is that the point and i'm just confused?

Oh yes, this is exactly the meaning of free speech. Enter a house and insult the host. Sometimes though people can be a little confused. They don't know whether they are in or out.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Grace said:

Oh yes, this is exactly the meaning of free speech. Enter a house and insult the host. Sometimes though people can be a little confused. They don't know whether they are in or out.

Yep, I hear you, Grace-- nothing like some people thinking that they're above reproach and that rules and common courtesies, don't apply to them. Free speech isn't a protective umbrella to say whatever you want, to whom over you want, anytime you want.

poet Anonymous

Do you like my cock? Or do you like the picture of my cock? A rather broad question.....it depends upon what the definition of free speech is. Please be more specific.  I am a thought provoker...a title du gave me...

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

I'm in, then I'm Out.
I do the hokey pokey
and that's what it's all about.

The Hokey Pokey.
That's it.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Not good

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
dejure
vick
Dangerous Mind
29awards
Joined 17th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 2879

I think definition of "free speech" in social media is relative to that person's mood, and the reader might not vibe at the same sequence as the writer.

So... as per the poll I do believe in free speech. But,  for the comment I can't agree, but may be you just had a bad experience pouring your heart out.

And the title under your names doesn't mean how talented you are as a poet, its just a cool way of saying how often you use this site or how long you been  in the site.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14281

Where's the "Depends" option?!

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

What a lacklustre question. Was hoping for something more. All rather ironic talking about free speech and then being overly miserly with the words so that barely anything is said.

What a waste of speech, but then again you have the freedom to be so carefree with such words. Perhaps learn that 'freedom of speech' is a privilege, rather than an unrestricted right to say anything and everything. Just some words to think on before the next move for better or for worse.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Ahavati said:Where's the "Depends" option?!

Right next to the other adult diapers in the feminine products and incontinence aisle at Walgreens.

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1613

I was going to comment but my fellow poets have it covered. I suppose I didn't need to comment at all but that's freedom of speech for you.

Go to page:
Go to: