Page:

Followed/Follow

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I was just pondering over members "follow poet" options and thinking it lacks in choice.  As in, it is 'follow a member without them having the choice of you following them or not'

Could it be that the member who another member wishes to follow would have the choice to accept or decline said request?

or something along those lines.  I have a trillion members that follow me who have not been active for years.  I would like the option to eject them off of my followers list, the same way I can eject those I follow if I no longer wish to.

For example, those members who no longer come here, or whose poetry is no longer to my taste, etc.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

P.s.  I'm not looking to delete any active members on my followed list, it is just there are many on there that have been inactive for a 1000+ days.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14641

Interesting query Magdalena. I'll make sure the Webmiss sees the thread.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Thank you Ahavti.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14641

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Hi Magdalena,

Thanks for your query.

Certainly a member can be "blocked" which stops them being able to follow you.

I suppose the distinction is "follow" rather than "friend", as it's currently very much "one way" in nature.

It's only a member them self who is able to see the list of poets following them, no other members will see this. It's ordered by when they started following. Perhaps it would make more sense to order it by "last online" so that the inactive accounts fall to the latter pages.

I will certainly think on the matter, and add it to my project board as something to review in the future.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

admin said:Hi Magdalena,

Thanks for your query.

Certainly a member can be "blocked" which stops them being able to follow you.

I suppose the distinction is "follow" rather than "friend", as it's currently very much "one way" in nature.

It's only a member them self who is able to see the list of poets following them, no other members will see this. It's ordered by when they started following. Perhaps it would make more sense to order it by "last online" so that the inactive accounts fall to the latter pages.

I will certainly think on the matter, and add it to my project board as something to review in the future.

Hi WebMiss.

I did think about blocking but it seemed a bit harsh and drawn out, there are too many to go through every page.
Definitely "last online" first would be a great improvement. Members wouldn't have to scroll through many pages then to find their active followers.

Thank you

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

I've just gone ahead and made this change, since it seemed logical and was simple to do.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

admin said:I've just gone ahead and made this change, since it seemed logical and was simple to do.

Great stuff, I just had a look and it's much better.  Thank you.

Page:
Go to: