Go to page:

Two poem limit pr eight hours

poet Anonymous

I get that some of you like it, and that's fine.  I'm not bashing it or anything, I see the good idea behind it, however I'd like to respond to some of the comments.

1.  Those who say you get more feedback this way

-  That's very true, however I still think that it should be up to the owner of the page.   An idea could be like a warning banner, that encourages people to not post excessively, rather than force them to.

2.  Spamming

I'm sure you can report spammers to moderators who can deal with the problem.  This is a relatively small community, it's not hard to spot a spammer and get them kicked.   Most people are not spammers.

I realize I'm new and you guys have created a page the way you want it to be, and I respect that fully  I was only expressing a thought.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16178

shoutevenshy said:I get that some of you like it, and that's fine.  I'm not bashing it or anything, I see the good idea behind it, however I'd like to respond to some of the comments.

1.  Those who say you get more feedback this way

-  That's very true, however I still think that it should be up to the owner of the page.   An idea could be like a warning banner, that encourages people to not post excessively, rather than force them to.

2.  Spamming

I'm sure you can report spammers to moderators who can deal with the problem.  This is a relatively small community, it's not hard to spot a spammer and get them kicked.   Most people are not spammers.

I realize I'm new and you guys have created a page the way you want it to be, and I respect that fully  I was only expressing a thought.

We do spot spammers and get reports on them from DU members. They are dealt with accordingly. I agree most people are not spammers . As for the two poems every eight hours, I think its quite reasonable. Gives you time to edit and polish your work.  Expressing thoughts is good, though, we get to know one another better.

poet Anonymous

Grace said:
Expressing thoughts is good, though, we get to know one another better.

Very truee :)

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5253

Good.

Go to page:
Go to: