Go to page:

Two poem limit pr eight hours

poet Anonymous

I apologize if you've already had this thread before, however I do find this limit a bit silly.   I get that you want to prevent spamming, but there are other solutions for that.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16195

shoutevenshy said:I apologize if you've already had this thread before, however I do find this limit a bit silly.   I get that you want to prevent spamming, but there are other solutions for that.

So you want to post more than two poems within eight hours.  I admire that. Very productive. Do share..what are other solutions against spamming?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

The people who are usually frustrated by the 2 poems per 8 hour limit are new to DUP and feel an urgency to get all of their "already written poetry" submitted.

Which, if you are new, you may not want to do if your desire is to get useful feedback on those. It would serve your interests to pace yourself and cultivate relationships with other poets who could help provide the feedback you are looking for. Then submit a poem or two per day.

Other poets are more likely to comment on your latest poems in real time rather than power their way through your entire portfolio.

walker
Thought Provoker
2awards
Joined 12th May 2017
Forum Posts: 248

today i joined another poetry site. the one the user in the post came from. it is a gigantic one with some half a million users as they claim. it took 20 min for me to say arrivederci. why? felt like am standing in the middle of those 5 lane freeway..this 2 poem per 8 hour thingy ain't that bad actually. i like silence. like the one in the libraries, where there is heaps a folks doin their stuff yet ya can be there in peace. that's what a found here, and i found it here that way may be for the sole reason that you do not agree with.

like the man ablaze sed above, it is a two way street, get the rapport, show some respect. it will come back to ya. this ain't no instagram a say, rather a gathering of poets, some eccentric, some kool.

poet Anonymous

walker said:today i joined another poetry site.

...You smell like betrayal... maybe cheese... because that's totally what betrayal smells like

Na, I'm only messing. It's just that I'll have to return that medieval stretching rack and whip I bought for those who ABANDON THEIR POETS, JUDAS!!

Jokes. Jokes of course.

I must admit, the eight hour thing has never really bothered me. Never once have I been itching to post more things in that eight hour gap. Plus, it gives you the opportunity to read other people, digest, learn. It's good to take a few things in rather that put out and put out and put out.

Quality rather than quantity and all that jazz.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

8 poems every two hours is good enough for me.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

^ LOL!*

*Disclaimer: Previous post not original.

walker
Thought Provoker
2awards
Joined 12th May 2017

Miss_Sub said:

...You smell like betrayal... maybe cheese... because that's totally what betrayal smells like

Na, I'm only messing. It's just that I'll have to return that medieval stretching rack and whip I bought for those who ABANDON THEIR POETS, JUDAS!!

well... a sniffed both ma armpits and i only smell rexona sport... but yeah cheese, the brie got stuck somehwere in the broken molar ya know...

a not only joined there but also posted one o ma pomes and some dude commented and messaged requesting i coment on 4 of his... but that wasn't the point of leaving that bye bye, it was 5 poems a minute being posted...a dude can only take so many words, poems or not.

poet Anonymous

walker said: a dude can only take so many words, poems or not.

I know. I'm the same with cheese slices. Dairylea or not.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6694

Whoa!  There is a 2 poems per 8 hours limit. Not surprising I hardly remembered/knew that seeing as I struggle to submit 1 poem in 8 days.

Though it my be true that 'throw enough poop at the wall, some of it will stick' in many things it is better to take time and end up with screws to drive into the wall. As mentioned by others, it is usually the newcomers who complain at the limit, only to mellow later on and provide wonderful pieces when they want to.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16195

Viddax said:Whoa!  There is a 2 poems per 8 hours limit. Not surprising I hardly remembered/knew that seeing as I struggle to submit 1 poem in 8 days.
As mentioned by others, it is usually the newcomers who complain at the limit, only to mellow later on and provide wonderful pieces when they want to.

I believe you...I am on my writer's block now. Can't string two poetic words together to make a a piece. But new comers, they have heaps written and want to show them all. All commendable if you ask me.
I am still curious... whats the poster's idea to prevent spamming?

walker
Thought Provoker
2awards
Joined 12th May 2017

Miss_Sub said:

I know. I'm the same with cheese slices. Dairylea or not.

with the mite infested french cheese, no slicing just diggin in teeth first. bet ya can't have enuff. mold and all.

0bs3ss3dp0ss3ss3d
William Colten Sorrells
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2017
Forum Posts: 133

Well, while I often have the desire to produce over 2 poems in an 8 hour period, I find the limit makes me spend a lot more time rereading my drafts and weeding out all the crap. And trust me, I produce  A LOT of it. I recently read over a lot of my older works and I was so ashamed that I ended up trashing them all!

But anyways...quality over quantity is never a bad thing

poet Anonymous

I'm a newbie and migrated from another site where submissions were unlimited, and I have to say that the 2 poem thing here is really quite refreshing, it makes you review your own work and helps highlight other's work too, I found on the previous site that it was too much, especially if there are talented writers that you want to enjoy and really absorb their work - also, when SO much gets submitted you tend to miss little gems that you wouldn't if things were so crazy busy.

Just my opinion but the pro's defo out weigh the cons

DUP rocks \m/

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

0bs3ss3dp0ss3ss3d said:          Well, while I often have the desire to produce over 2 poems in an 8 hour period, I find the limit makes me spend a lot more time rereading my drafts and weeding out all the crap. And trust me, I produce  A LOT of it. I recently read over a lot of my older works and I was so ashamed that I ended up trashing them all!

But anyways...quality over quantity is never a bad thing

Transmutate your lead balloons into gold doubloons. Never throw anything out. Instead, write it better. Makes for good exercise in between new poems.

Go to page:
Go to: