Time for a new moderator

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

I've heard good things about that Heinus_Anus fellow ......

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

I think public voting is something that would help both the community and the administrative side as well.  Also i propose time limit where others will have a chance to bring in some new ideas, methods and a fresh perspective as the site evolves.

souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 5085

I could definitely support that!!!
Only the voting could be monopolized like it is in Our current voting sections.
Time limits would help deter this or weed out eventually.
Many variables to hash about, thoughtful time to such a project.
I do believe there should be a yr. or more requirement, so the rep. would be somewhat knowledgeable of DU and it's society.
Good Thought Dear Queen!!!  

poet Anonymous

Vee said:I think public voting is something that would help both the community and the administrative side as well.  Also i propose time limit where others will have a chance to bring in some new ideas, methods and a fresh perspective as the site evolves.

Voting would help.
Good suggestion(s), Miss V ...

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2382

aren't there more interesting things to focus on

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16209

Moderators are chosen by the admin, AEMelia.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16209

I believe most similar portals practise that.  

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6697

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

DU is like a port an we are but ships who visit and the Webmistress is the harbour master/mistress. The Webmistress chooses the moderators as that is her will and way. Having said that she often chooses the candidate based upon their actions within the DU community, often choosing veteran members as they have a proven track record and can best relate to the essence of DU.
The fact of the matter is that DU is not a democracy in this matter, yet it is not exactly a hierarchy or oligarchy.

A moderator does not stop becoming a member, as the position is voluntary and they are not expected to leave the forums and competitions forever to just spend their days spamming the ban button.

Personally I have not written any poetry lately as it seems my Muse is on sabbatical, and I do not seem to feel the urge in the right way.

It would however be interesting why you are interested in there being a new mod. After all HadesRising has only recently joined the list of moderators, and in truth the mods are not a combined fire fighting and police force: our interventions should be few and far between if all things are going right.

Go to page:
Go to: