Go to page:

DU Convention

poet Anonymous

Heh, Kate. Czech Republic it is then! I think we should send Viddax in first as director of public relations with the locals. Well, they might listen to a Lord...

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6698

seekingkate said:Why in the USA?  As there are a lot of members who are from the US, Europe would be the best place to have a DU convention, preferably a country that speaks little english or doesn't like to speak english like parts of France?  Let's get completely out of our comfort zone for the experience 😉

Ahem, some parts of England hardly speak English when it comes down to it. Might as well make the convention on the Moon or on Alpha Centauri if you really want to go out of the comfort zone.

Though in all seriousness, whatever the location it would be best if people could actually get there, before dragging up politics and experiences and making it all a Bacchanalia. I might even turn up in person, though would have to alter some things first.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

On a slightly related note, any DU member of status higher than lost thinker would always be welcome to use my boat as a crash pad while travelling through....currently lying Bay of Island in New Zealand....

http://www.newzealand.com/int/bay-of-islands/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14640

hemihead said:On a slightly related note, any DU member of status higher than lost thinker would always be welcome to use my boat as a crash pad while travelling through....currently lying Bay of Island in New Zealand....

http://www.newzealand.com/int/bay-of-islands/

My Kiwi sister runs a refuge there and has been begging me for at least a decade to come work for her. I promised her I'd try to make a visit at least. We'll look you up if I ever make it.

poet Anonymous

That rules me out. ..don't really like you anyway ...you smell of one percent 😆

edit: let it be known the comment was aimed at Hemi

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14640

Ard-Ri said:That rules me out. ..don't really like you anyway ...you smell of one percent 😆

edit: let it be known the comment was aimed at Hemi

So let it be noted. So let it be done.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Why just one location --how about all over the world ? We'll travel as a pack of poets and bring a camera crew with us, and make our own documentary/reality show while on the road

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

MadameLavender said:Why just one location --how about all over the world ? We'll travel as a pack of poets and bring a camera crew with us, and make our own documentary/reality show while on the road

Madame L, are you volunteering your sphincter for the hiding of the drugs for all this proposed border jumping....most decent of you...

poet Anonymous

all serious aside  though. I think a good compromise might be Iceland.  it's halfway to every where and there's a hotel made from ice  and a light show in the sky

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1617

If I must drag myself away from the screams of torture then so be it

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6698

Ard-Ri said:all serious aside  though. I think a good compromise might be Iceland.  it's halfway to every where and there's a hotel made from ice  and a light show in the sky

Or Greenland for that matter: mostly for the Aurora lights. Plus the cold might put a freeze on the hot lust burning through the DU membership. We could always chip in an buy an island or membership for an island nation like Sealand: an island run by poets could well be poetic justice.

Somehow a travelling convention makes me think of something crossed between Monty Python's Flying Circus, Victorian 'Grand Tour', a crusade (its rather fashionable meme relevant right now), and Hippie images of the '60s.

Miss_Sub - If I am to open diplomatic relations with the Czech Republic and its people I will definitely need a translator and a 'volunteer' or two for the entourage. Not to mention a damn good poem to court them with. (The Czech's that is, not the entourage, well.... depends on the entourage.)

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

hemihead said:

Madame L, are you volunteering your sphincter for the hiding of the drugs for all this proposed border jumping....most decent of you...

Yeah, sorry, Hemi--it was either you or the drugs, and I can shit those out faster if we need to dump 'em quick, as well as get more cash for them, should we run low on travelers checks. 👍

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

Ahavati said:

My Kiwi sister runs a refuge there and has been begging me for at least a decade to come work for her. I promised her I'd try to make a visit at least. We'll look you up if I ever make it.

Sounds hilarious...do it :-)

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

MadameLavender said:

Yeah, sorry, Hemi--it was either you or the drugs, and I can shit those out faster if we need to dump 'em quick, as well as get more cash for them, should we run low on travelers checks. 👍

As an engineer I sincerely value your willingness to problem-solve and come to the most sensible solution....my own sphincter has been ruined by the promotion process in the construction industry, so, in all honesty, anything I try to put up there just falls straight out. I am embarrassed by my ineptitude as a potential drug mule...

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

hemihead said:

As an engineer I sincerely value your willingness to problem-solve and come to the most sensible solution....my own sphincter has been ruined by the promotion process in the construction industry, so, in all honesty, anything I try to put up there just falls straight out. I am embarrassed by my ineptitude as a potential drug mule...

Never underestimate the power and value of a team-player, when it comes to serving the common goal of the sphincter .

Go to page:
Go to: