poet
OxyMoronicMe
G.L. Emz
Dangerous Mind
Philippines
21awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 1435

I hope that runner ups in poem competitions also recieve something like a small star. or if not, i hope it appears on the same page where our thropies in our profile was stored because it is so easy to get lost in the notification window. unless we back track the competitions or our own notifications, we wont see it again. I only hope I could keep tabs on comps i won especially even if it is just a runner up.

thanks and more power to dup

poet
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
47awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 1554

Thank you for your suggestion, Oxy. :)

poet
LostGirl18
Thought Provoker
Canada
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 67

I agree with Oxy.

poet
Cyndi_Moone
Thought Provoker
United States
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 13th Dec 2016
Forum Posts: 179

I opened a forum suggesting almost the same thing under "RUNNER UP AWARDS."  It would be nice for runner-ups to also have an award.  Instead of hosts selecting an award, have it standard:

WINNER: TROPHY
RUNNER UP 1:  MEDAL
RUNNER UP 2:  RIBBON

In most competitions, there are 1ST, 2ND, 3RD place and then HONORABLE MENTIONS.  Here in DUP, there's only ONE winner and 2 Runner-Ups who only receive HONORABLE MENTION.  And, in real competitions, even HONORABLE MENTIONS get awarded certificates....

It would be nice and motivational for RUNNER UPS to have something to show for their work, especially those who have NEVER won a DUP award before.  

poet
admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards   profile   ?

Thanks for the suggestion.

One of the reasons why only the winner gets an award is to limit the number of awards given out. The notion being that, the more of something that exists, the less special and meaningful it is.

Runners Up do get mentioned on the DU Glory page: https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/competition-winners/

Also, in certain competitions, like the monthly Visual Poetry competition, the runners up get featured on social media, just like the winner.

That said, I think there's some improvements that could be made in terms of better displaying the runners up, and including links to their profiles. I'll have a think and will update this thread if I make any related changes.

Page:
Go to: