Page:

Hide poem from Non-members when composing?

poet Anonymous

I see there is a feature now which allows a DU member to choose whether or not a Non Member of DU can see their poems in the settings page of the My Home screen, which I think is wonderful to a degree. Explanation to follow.

There is also an option which allows a member when composing the poem, that allows them to choose whether or not they would like it featured, just as in the settings page on the My Home screen.

Is it possible to add the hiding from Non Member option within the composing screen like the Feature option? Speaking for myself personally, I don't need every poem I post to be hidden from non-members but there are definitely some which I would like to hide from being read by anyone other than my "family" here on DU. Is this a possibility?

Thank you.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Taryn said:I see there is a feature now which allows a DU member to choose whether or not a Non Member of DU can see their poems in the settings page of the My Home screen, which I think is wonderful to a degree. Explanation to follow.

There is also an option which allows a member when composing the poem, that allows them to choose whether or not they would like it featured, just as in the settings page on the My Home screen.

Is it possible to add the hiding from Non Member option within the composing screen like the Feature option? Speaking for myself personally, I don't need every poem I post to be hidden from non-members but there are definitely some which I would like to hide from being read by anyone other than my "family" here on DU. Is this a possibility?

Thank you.

I'm so glad Taryn has posed this because I just made my very first visit over to DUP's FB page and was scrolling down the main thread and saw different "videos" of how-to's, and joining was one so I joined and hopefully I'll be allowed in.  And the other - this very thing.  I too would like to be put on the same request list as Taryn in hoping that this can be achieved - making our world on DUP much easier when it comes to these choices.

Thanks for listening, and special thanks to Taryn..

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14586

Jade-Pandora said:

I'm so glad Taryn has posed this because I just made my very first visit over to DUP's FB page and was scrolling down the main thread and saw different "videos" of how-to's, and joining was one so I joined and hopefully I'll be allowed in.  And the other - this very thing.  I too would like to be put on the same request list as Taryn in hoping that this can be achieved - making our world on DUP much easier when it comes to these choices.

Thanks for listening, and special thanks to Taryn..

To clarify the facebook: The official facebook page is open and requires no request - all you need do is "Like" and follow (and hopefully participate and support). The group requires a request because it involves the posting of poetry by members.  I have never known anyone who has requested membership to not be "let in" in all the months I've managed it.

However, if anyone experiences any issues, please contact me personally so we can rectify it.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

Ahh no dear, I wasn't implying that that would or might be an issue.  I added "hopefully I'll be allowed in" in jest, for a bit of a laugh.  Take that part out and everything I said is straight forward.   ✌️😇 with thanks!

poet Anonymous

Don't panic Jade. I "let you in" this morning

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

Miss_Sub said:Don't panic Jade. I "let you in" this morning
Ahh Missy, I wasn't panicked at all.., I even pm'd that I noticed it was you who had processed me in, yaay... and I appreciate that, thank you so much.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14586

Jade-Pandora said:
Ahh Missy, I wasn't panicked at all.., I even pm'd that I noticed it was you who had processed me in, yaay... and I appreciate that, thank you so much.

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2636

this is a great feature

Page:
Go to: