Page:

Question/suggestion

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Someone told me they temporarily hid a couple of their poems on here because they were entered in a contest or something and I was wondering if that's possible to do and how?..and if it's not possible..will it ever be?..and if not then why not?

Thanks

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Hullo there,

it is indeed possible. for the purpose of entering into competitions, some ask that the poems not be published anywhere else. ( bear in mind it is a form of cheating )

if you pm the links, the poems can be temporary hidden.

you're welcome

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Ah, okay. That makes sense, could someone temporarily hide all my poems please? (I can also send the links, this just seems easier.. there's only seven)

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

anyone having trouble opening mail ?

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

This is on the list of upcoming features, for members to be able to send their published poems back to "drafts". However, it's not something quick or straightforward to implement due to comments, likes and reading list entries and many related considerations.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Its cool, I can open them now, thanks bunches. much appreciated

KDAmB
Tyrant of Words
Australia 13awards
Joined 5th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 6358

admin said:This is on the list of upcoming features, for members to be able to send their published poems back to "drafts". However, it's not something quick or straightforward to implement due to comments, likes and reading list entries and many related considerations.

That will indeed be quite a leap forward!  Off course people will have different views especially re the ones they commented on other's poems.  But ultimately it's the writer's prerogative I believe. Thank you Webmiss...once again!

KDAmB ☺

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Hijacking this thread for a moment, to put in a suggestion : if you're running a competition, please make an effort to choose a winner instead of requesting a public vote all the time, at least right now as of my post--we have 5 in voting presently, can only have 5 at a time, so that means yours is going to wait for ever how long it takes to open a spot by getting the other ones voted for. If you truly can't decide, maybe tap some of your fellow writers by pm, to get some opinions to help. Just throwing that out there and thanks!

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

MadameLavender said:Hijacking this thread for a moment, to put in a suggestion : if you're running a competition, please make an effort to choose a winner instead of requesting a public vote all the time, at least right now as of my post--we have 5 in voting presently, can only have 5 at a time, so that means yours is going to wait for ever how long it takes to open a spot by getting the other ones voted for. If you truly can't decide, maybe tap some of your fellow writers by pm, to get some opinions to help. Just throwing that out there and thanks!

In support of your quest....
All comps voted in

Done!

"C'mon peeple lets vote the shit outta these comps" ;)

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Hi-jacking this thread once more:  we have 5 competitions in voting right now, so if everyone could take a moment and give a vote, that would be great.  Also, remember--no more room for anymore until we clear a spot, so if you're running a comp and want a vote-request, get in line.

Thanks!

byseb
Strange Creature
Joined 12th Dec 2016
Forum Posts: 3

How many comments do I have to post before I can submit a poem for help? I only have time until tomorrow...

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

wait no more !  

[I hope he's ok. some one should point out that if its immediate help he requires, composing a poem is probably not the way to go. he could, for instance: phone the police, text a friend, or make as loud a noise as possible with whatever possible. anyhow it's all very intriggable..]

Page:
Go to: